Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Pick-a-Lick: The 2nd Most Important Guitar Lick!

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/pick-a-lick-the-2nd-most-important-guitar-lick-guitar-intermediate

We take the 2nd most important guitar lick in history and make it our own! We’ll discover all kinds of variations, then of course learn how to make it behave!

13 Likes

Hey @BanjoBen - thanks for this great lesson! I started watching the lesson late tonight and ended up watching the whole thing, then got so inspired I had to run and get my guitar - even though it was 10pm! I was having so much fun with this lick that I wanted to show you me trying it out. It’s not super polished since I had JUST learned the lesson, so there’s some mistakes, but I’d love to hear what you think! I really enjoy your guitar lessons! Thanks for everything you do! :grinning:

-Libby

36 Likes

Thanks Banjo Ben for this great lesson! It will take my rhythm up a step for sure! Wow @flatpicking_liby sounds like I’m not the only night owl who will start something late!

8 Likes

Oops! logged into my brother account!

4 Likes

Thanks for this lesson @BanjoBen I sure do love playing these guitar licks :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Great Job Libby, hat_wave

3 Likes

Hi Ben. This lesson is going to be very useful. I am going to enjoy getting proficient with it. I am curious what model that Martin is. I am starting to get that old I might need a new/another guitar itch and that one sounds and looks great.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @daniel.thomson!! I really love this lesson too😁

5 Likes

Love this lesson @BanjoBen!! I’d love to see more lick lessons in the future. :wink:

7 Likes

Great job Libby. The improv was really good!

6 Likes

Awesome! Here you go, try this out:

20 Likes

WOW a personal response! Thanks so much @BanjoBen! Going to go try all these variations now!

7 Likes

Daaaaaang! This looks exciting as all heck! You just TRYING to keep me home from work today, or what?! LOL, sure looking forward to it!

4 Likes

What do I think? I think Flatpickin’ Libby ROCKS!!! Keep up the great work, you’re doing great!!

9 Likes

In no time she learnt it… so I agree and for sure she does bluegrass!! :slight_smile:

And as always, liked the lesson from Ben (in hairy picker getup for this time)!

7 Likes

“Heck”? Really?

2 Likes

Great lesson, I use this lick alot but mostly in the Key of D instead of G, along with a D run instead of the famous G run. I’m not a Gold pick member (not yet anyways, I’m hoping to become one if I win you essay contest for graduating seniors😁) so I don’t know if you talked about transposing this lick to different keys, but it really works well on the D position. I tried it in C but its not the same effect.

6 Likes

Cool, good luck in the contest! You should post a video here with you playing it in D position.

4 Likes

What contest are y’all referencing? Did I miss something?

3 Likes

The details are in an email @BanjoBen sent out earlier today.

5 Likes