Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Pick-a-Lick: The 2nd Most Important Guitar Lick!

VERY COOL! IT IS AWESOME HOW YOU PERFECTLY MASTER ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL INSTRUMENTS. SIMPLY YOU ARE A GENIUS OF WORLD MUSIC.:clap::clap::clap::

3 Likes

Thanks, playing on camera is one of the weakest links of my guitar playing but I’ll give it my best shot

5 Likes

You just saved me the touble. I’m late to the party but yeah it works great if you drop it a string on the D

4 Likes

Question: How do you finger measure 23 into 24? Your 2nd finger is on the 4th string while your third finger is on the 3rd string for the pull-off. Does your 2nd finger need to bar strings 3 and 4 to make this work?

(Also, what is that guitar you’re playing? Sounds amazing).

-Dave

4 Likes

Nope, you don’t need to bar as you have time to move your index up to the 3rd string when you’re playing the 3rd fret with your middle finger. This guitar is a Martin D-18 Authentic Series based off the 1937 specs…I love it!

6 Likes

Libby you are amazing and very talented! That was very cool and you nailed it so quickly. Very impressive,Bravo!!! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@jon1, thanks so much :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I just got an email today saying the details are going out next week… idk what happened but I’m very confused

3 Likes

Sorry, I should’ve said that the announcement for the contest went out last week. The details are going out next week.

2 Likes

Oh ok. I still got the announcement like three days after you…

3 Likes

Hey Ben, can you do a vid of this for the mandolin? Thanks, Joe Butler

4 Likes

Hey Ben, i was practicing and this popped out I’d thought I’d share it!

16 Likes

Cool, like that different picking pattern!

4 Likes

EXCELLENT! Woohoo, that’s what it’s about!

6 Likes

I recently transcribed Tony Rice’s solo on “9 Pound Hammer” and it included this lick. Thanks Ben, for showing the various permutations of the lick.

2 Likes

Fantastic!!!

1 Like

young lady - that was VERY good! Thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

@Mr_G Thank you!!

3 Likes

Can’t believe that’s almost 2 years!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been missing out! Glad @Michael_Mark told me about the forum.

3 Likes