Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Worried Man Blues– Hammer-Ons

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/worried-man-blues-hammer-ons-banjo

Let these pull-offs take your blues far, far away.

Will I be able to retake a Lesson I have paid for, in this case Worried Ban Blues…

Will I have access to this lesson from a different computer in my house??? The volume doesn’t work on this (my laptop) computer

Cannot access the lesson

Hey @jcacocks! Sure! The lessons are tied to your account, so as long as you’re logged into your account, you can view the lessons on any device or computer. Thanks!

I also cannot access the standard worried man blues ,is there any way you can put that up again,Thanks

It looks to be working for me. Try this link.

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/worried-man-blues-hammer-ons-banjo

And as Ben mentioned above, make sure you’re logged into the site. If you see a blue “join now” button at the top right of the screen, you’re not logged in

1 Like

Ben, I gotta tell ya… I’ve been playing banjo for 2 years from different learning websites- but nothiong compares to yours.I started over as a beginner, with you, and am having a BLAST. I know worried man blues is a simple song… but you make it challenging and FUN. I also know I must be learning something- cause it actually is starting to sound like I know what I’m doing! Thanks

4 Likes

Chuck, that is so great to hear! I really appreciate your kind words! Keep me posted on your progress.

This is a real interesting lesson. I struggled greatly trying to forget the other version of this song to learn the other. I just kept running them together. In all honesty I was enjoying the tunes f the version from the forward reverse roll lesson with this song. SO i reviewed the two versions and figured out how to incorporate the hammerons and even a slide into the first version. I am missing exercising the square roll but really got a lot of satisfaction out of building the song I knew into a more complex version.

Any thoughts on this being a good or bad approach to learning the hammerons this way? I dont want to compromise the learning path just got creative to my approach on this one.

2 Likes

I think your approach is wonderful! You’re learning how to integrate the components yourself, which is what I’m trying to help you see!

Love how the D7 chord sounds ion this lesson!
My biggest problem is getting the feel to playing along with the rhythm tracks. I keep rushing the rolls.
It’s a fun challenge though.

1 Like

Have always loved this song, but as i was learning it on banjo through your course im thinking it sounds almost like the old song “Do Lord”. Is it just me? Or does anyone else hear it? Change the last 4 bars and you could use this to “Build a Break” for Do Lord. What do you think Ben? Am i onto something, or are the banjo notes just ringing to loudly in my head? LOL

2 Likes

It’s the same chord structure as Do Lord, so you’re probably getting a good ear there! Welcome to the forum @hutch61272

Hi @hutch61272 Michael welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum That chord progression convers many Gospel & Bluegrass tunes. Amongst them This Little Light of Mine, I Saw the Light, Worried Man, Do Lord, Two-Dollar Bill. and many more. It’s a good solid chord progression to learn for a beginner. I have a feeling This Land is Your Land follows the same chord progression. Someone is sure to correct me if I’m wrong

1 Like

The count-ins for each of the slow tempos were very confusing and I had to repeat them many times. The ones for 60 and 80bpm were 1 _ 2 _ then 1 2 3 _ _ and it wasn’t obvious (to me) to start the pickup on 2. The other tempos made more sense 1 _ 2 _ the 1 2 3 4 1 and then start the pickup on the 2 beat.

1 Like

Hi Don, Your not alone. I get confused sometimes with @BanjoBen 's count offs. Mostly on the older lessons. If find it much easier to work with the TEF files I can adjust the speed to my skill level for practice.

Does anyone else have trouble playing with the backing tracks? I think it might be because it is playing along with a guitar. I can never tell if I am actually in time or not. Feels like it would be easier with him playing banjo.

1 Like

Hi @Aunt_B_loves_music Brenda welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. If you read through all the comments above you’ll see others have expressed problems playing along with the Mp3 to this lesson. Myself included. I always start out using the TEF files you have more control over these and over time gradually work up to using the Mp3 files. Hope this helps.

Howdy @Aunt_B_loves_music! Honored to have you! I do have the banjo solo mp3 backing track posted. If it’s too fast, you can download it and slow it down with lots of programs like The Amazing Slowdowner.