Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Over in the Glory Land- Build-a-Break

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/over-in-the-glory-land-build-a-break-banjo-intermediate

We start with basic melody and pick up licks as sweet as manna. Only one thing left to say: GLORY!

8 Likes

Wow, Really looking forward to tackling this lesson 1

4 Likes

Sounds real good thanks!!

2 Likes

You Bet!!

2 Likes

One of my favorite gospel tunes of all time! Thanks @BanjoBen!!!

2 Likes

great lesson @BanjoBen thanks

2 Likes

As always —- a great lesson

3 Likes

Thanks so much, @jsaltydawg!

2 Likes

oh yes, finally, I’ve been waiting for this lesson for a long time … sounds so great :banjo::banjo::banjo:

2 Likes

Hey Joe! Welcome to the board! Hope to see you around.

1 Like

Great lesson Bro Ben! Do you have the banjo backup tab to this song Sir?

2 Likes

I don’t but a couple folks have asked for that, lemme see what I can do.

2 Likes

In all honesty @BanjoBen I didn’t put them up to this lol

3 Likes

hahahaha!

2 Likes

Hey Ben, just wanted to say thanks for including the words in the tab for this song. I find that very helpful and would enjoy seeing that more often when possible. Thanks!

3 Likes

This is the first lesson that I have purchased.Does anyone know if there is a way to filter or view only tracks that i have purchased? Thanks much. I love this series. I can work on my understanding of melody and see directly how more advanced licks work alongside basic ideas. I think that is one of the most enjoyable things about banjo :smile:

Sorry, not sure where to ask this question.
I don’t have the capo nails for the top string. Can I just play this in the Key of G. I’m assuming the fingering on the tab will work?
Looking forward to tackling this piece. Will stretch my capabilities.

Playing in G should work fine. Capo is only if you want to match other musicians preference.

Hi Steve @sjpetersen46 welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. In this lesson you are not playing up the neck so you can tune your 5th string to A and capo the second fret. Don’t attempt to tune any higher than A or your likely snap the 5th string especially if your using light gauge strings…

1 Like

Hi Ben. I just wanted to say that I answered my own question above - Where do i see my purchased lessons…Under My Account. I leaned that from the great job you did with the help. Very useful and well-put-together.
I am really having fun with Over in the Glory Land. I’m so glad that you are emphasizing mixing up simple melodies, quarter notes,(especially) as well as more “fancy” stuff. Much thanks!!!

1 Like