Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Good King Wenceslas Build-a-Break

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/good-king-wenceslas-build-a-break-banjo

We start with the basic melody in the key of G, then add rolls and fillers to thicken it. Finally, we’ll import some cool licks for a solo hotter than a Christmas fire!

This is a beginner song! Good Lord I suck! Thought I was getting better for a sec but this song is giving me trouble.

1 Like

Hi Dave, It has a lot of beginner elements in it. As you work though the lesson it progressively gets more challenging. Don’t try to consume the whole cake in one serving. Just work through it a bit at a time. Stick with it. I know you can do it.

1 Like

Dave, I agree that there are elements that are quite a bit tougher than some of the other beginner track songs. The good news is that the song song good played at a more moderate speed than the performance speed that Ben demos it.

Thanks all for the words of encouragement! Not giving up. I struggle when it goes off the melody.

I agree with Mr Dave. Although I’ve only been playing since May, so I am really a beginner. Doing some of the fret changes is hard still, but I’m getting better.

1 Like