Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Gettin' Up the Neck With Blackberry Blossom!

No, it’s not too much. I love that! I was just trying to keep this arrangement fairly simple.

4 Likes

Ok, I started practicing at 200 bpm … but I still have to practice a little … haha here the Bloopers. enjoy it…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Hahahaha! Dude I’m laughing so hard! And one reason is because they resemble my outtakes so much! Great job.

7 Likes

Where are your Bloopers @BanjoBen ?

5 Likes

gif That was funny!!!

6 Likes

@Severin, Nice picking! That was an awesome compilation of bloopers! The editing & special effects were fantastic! It’s all part of the process, I think everyone can relate to the faces, the noises, the sometimes frustration, and the - “Ok, one more time…” that this video portrays so very well :grin::rofl::woozy_face::crazy_face::+1:t2::blush: Thank you for posting, definitely enjoyed that!

3 Likes

Thank you @BanjoBen! :joy: would like to see your Outtakes too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you @Simone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great Lesson Ben.

3 Likes

6 months later, try again today with 200 bpm … i love this exercise! and yes sorry, I always try to laugh while playing, but it just doesn’t work … :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Very good and you took a breathe at the end:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well on your way!
If I might make one suggestion…slow it back down some and concentrate on finishing/playing all the notes your rolls.

4 Likes

jpg @Severin, Now your ready to link it with the down the neck break.

3 Likes

Yes…:sweat_smile: thank you @David-Gear!

2 Likes

Yes you‘re right… i know, its not perfect… have to work on it… :blush: thank you @Fiddle_wood!

4 Likes

Thank you @Archie! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re sounding like a banjo player! That left hand is getting efficient…good stuff!

4 Likes

Way to go, Severin! That was super clean and timing was spot on.

5 Likes

Thanks @BanjoBen and @Mark_Rocka, im workin on it… :blush:

2 Likes

After two years of navigating through the lessons of the beginner track I reach this lesson and it’s an ‘End of Level Boss!’

I can see exactly what’s going on here and I cant wait to get it under my belt and progress further and get on to the Intermediate track. Its just what I needed to help explore the fretboard for playing more in depth banjo backup with my pals. Ben you have a great way of ordering the lessons so they follow on so well. Many thanks

5 Likes