Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Gettin' Up the Neck With Blackberry Blossom!

Sloooow it right down give the brain time to memorise these shapes. Listen to the chords and memorise the sequence. then switch to auto pilot and play. If it sounds awful your still thinking it through.

I also endorse what Dave @Fiddle_wood say’s post a video. That lets @BanjoBen see how best he can help.

3 Likes

Thats a fantastic lesson. I‘m workin on it… :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

yes I still have to work hard on it … especially if I want to play it even faster … but it’s a start :cowboy_hat_face:
13 Likes

Excellent @Severin applaud gif

4 Likes

Thank you @Archie! :sunglasses: when it works with 200bpm, then maybe it is exellent… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great job @Severin!

5 Likes

Thanks @Simone!!:blush:

5 Likes

A minor detail @Severin

3 Likes

Thanks Archie: Puttin’ the brakes back on. I also have realized that I’m pinching too hard And that if I slide my thumb ahead of the other 2 fingers, it comes out smoother.

3 Likes

Wow Dude. Awesome sound. You nailed it. I really like your modified part when you went down low.

4 Likes

Ben, link to PDF is dead!

2 Likes

@bigwaves

worked fine for me just now.

3 Likes

Hi @bigwaves Steve what type of device and browser are you using to access the lesson?

3 Likes

Good to see you again @bigwaves. Hope to see you around the place more often.

2 Likes

Well i must say i have shut my brain off and have been playing this all day long. It an amazing feeling when your hands know where to go before your head tells them to. As i took a walk outside (without a banjo in hand) can you guess what was bouncing through my head. Its crazy how you can still be “practicing” without even playing. It is encouraging to know that my brain is capable of memorizing things! Great lesson:clap:

9 Likes

Hey buddy, please refresh the lesson’s page and it will work for you. It’s good on my end, thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks, used a different browser and no problem. Now the problem starts in trying to attempt to learn this bugger!!!

4 Likes

Nice. Great job Severin

3 Likes

Thank you @darcycfinley! :blush:

1 Like

Howdy Ben on measure 25 and 29 on the Emin cord when playing it I like to hammer on the 4th string when starting those two measure, to me i like that sound what do you think is it to much for the song to do this

5 Likes