Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Gettin' Up the Neck With Blackberry Blossom!

Well i must say i have shut my brain off and have been playing this all day long. It an amazing feeling when your hands know where to go before your head tells them to. As i took a walk outside (without a banjo in hand) can you guess what was bouncing through my head. Its crazy how you can still be “practicing” without even playing. It is encouraging to know that my brain is capable of memorizing things! Great lesson:clap:

9 Likes

Hey buddy, please refresh the lesson’s page and it will work for you. It’s good on my end, thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks, used a different browser and no problem. Now the problem starts in trying to attempt to learn this bugger!!!

4 Likes

Nice. Great job Severin

3 Likes

Thank you @darcycfinley! :blush:

1 Like

Howdy Ben on measure 25 and 29 on the Emin cord when playing it I like to hammer on the 4th string when starting those two measure, to me i like that sound what do you think is it to much for the song to do this

5 Likes

No, it’s not too much. I love that! I was just trying to keep this arrangement fairly simple.

4 Likes

Ok, I started practicing at 200 bpm … but I still have to practice a little … haha here the Bloopers. enjoy it…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Hahahaha! Dude I’m laughing so hard! And one reason is because they resemble my outtakes so much! Great job.

7 Likes

Where are your Bloopers @BanjoBen ?

5 Likes

gif That was funny!!!

6 Likes

@Severin, Nice picking! That was an awesome compilation of bloopers! The editing & special effects were fantastic! It’s all part of the process, I think everyone can relate to the faces, the noises, the sometimes frustration, and the - “Ok, one more time…” that this video portrays so very well :grin::rofl::woozy_face::crazy_face::+1:t2::blush: Thank you for posting, definitely enjoyed that!

3 Likes

Thank you @BanjoBen! :joy: would like to see your Outtakes too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you @Simone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great Lesson Ben.

3 Likes

6 months later, try again today with 200 bpm … i love this exercise! and yes sorry, I always try to laugh while playing, but it just doesn’t work … :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Very good and you took a breathe at the end:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well on your way!
If I might make one suggestion…slow it back down some and concentrate on finishing/playing all the notes your rolls.

4 Likes

jpg @Severin, Now your ready to link it with the down the neck break.

3 Likes

Yes…:sweat_smile: thank you @David-Gear!

2 Likes