Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Dueling Bells on Banjo

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/dueling-bells-on-banjo-banjo-intermediate

Two fast food foes figure out who has the foremost fa-la-la-la-la. Both banjo and guitar tabs are included in case you can find a guitar to team up with!

8 Likes

Check out the full video I made for Christmas!

6 Likes

Man Oh man! The best Christmas gift ever!!! Thanks Banjo Ben!!

3 Likes

Very nice! I really like the G lick on guitar. California guy is alright with me.

4 Likes

Right on Ben! Thanks for that awesome lesson!

2 Likes

It’s the hairdo for me. :rofl: Your incredible talent with the added levity is why I love being a Gold Pick member.

1 Like

This is amazing, you win.

1 Like

What a cool concept and arrangement! You’re the best! Thanks as always

1 Like

@BanjoBen thanks so much for this. I have been working on the banjo part for a few days, and I gotta get the guitar part down too somehow. This lesson is a lot of fun! Keep the crazy videos coming, life is too short to be serious all the time😁

1 Like

Just awesome Ben - a great arrangement and brilliant playing. A real breath of fresh air in these peculiar ‘Covid times’.

2 Likes

Whew! When I think about the video editing and mixing associated with this whole thing, it makes the banjer and guitar seem pretty doable! Well, time to track down my buddy Phil and see what we can do…You’re always inspiring Ben! (Hmmmm… wonder how you kept the fire blazing the whole time??!)

3 Likes

Yes that fireplace scene was very cleverly done especially with the burning embers. Did you use green screen chroma key to do that @BanjoBen ?

2 Likes

Great question, no green screen involved. I shot it a few times with each character with 2 cams, one on a tripod and one on a gimbal. I made sure NOT to move the tripod at ALL, or it can be very difficult. But then in Premiere Pro (or any decent vid editing software), I laid both the tripod shots on top of one another, then cropped the top layer. I made this quick vid for y’all to see how it was done.

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/9JuCEwtNf7TGXSAcLFsXz4?

7 Likes

Yes that was great @BanjoBen , I learned a lot from the explanation/demo

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Although I’m late for Christmas I have been trying to get a video put together playing both parts myself. It is super tough, I may invest in this software that you are using just for the fun of it!

1 Like

@BanjoBen sorry for the late video, but I just had to share this after working so hard on this one. Man creating this video was much harder than learning the song. I felt like I was completely copying your idea so I tried hard to add my own touch!

18 Likes

That was great!!

2 Likes

Awesome job @Bcaves with the picking (x2) AND the video editing! :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks Simone!

1 Like

Loved it Brandon, Those sock’s seemed to have a mind of there own

2 Likes