Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Deck the Halls Banjo Contest–Ends Sunday, 10 December!

I will announce the winner on facebook live tonight at 7:30PM central: http://facebook.com/thebanjoben

I will also post that winner here. I have 3 finalists that entered submissions according to the contest rules. Let me say that this is an incredibly hard decision but it will come down to the pickers’ accuracy and precision in the performance, which is what the rules stated. See you soon, either here on the forum or on facebook!

3 Likes

Congratulations on the win, Austin! Way to go!

Congrats to Austin Hefflefinger, @Heff, for playing the solos most closely and accurately to my arrangement. It was REALLY tough to decide and it literally came down to the very last lick.

Just as I was about to announce the winner, Allen Goins at Bluechip Picks contacted me and said he’d like to give a pick to all 3 finalists…wow! @Heff, @Benjamin, and @bob.dion –please email me at ben@banjobenclark.com with the following:

• Which pick, the JD Crowe or the Russ Carson?
  • Which size pick?
  • Which shirt and size?
  • Shipping address

Also, I want to say I’m really, really proud of @Treblemaker for sending me his submission. The song was way over his skill level but he worked extremely hard at it and played one of the solos rock solid! I want you to send me your shirt choice and shipping as well.

Merry Christmas to y’all, and keep an eye out for my next contest soon!

4 Likes

Congrats Austin

Congratulations Austin! All three of you were incredible.

1 Like

As I agonized over choosing a winner of my latest banjo contest tonight, I realized something. The 3 finalists played my latest banjo solos up-to-speed about as good as I could…and they are all now quite a bit younger than I was before I ever picked up a banjo. These young pickers are just gonna get better and better and soar to incredible heights in their pickin’. Thinking of this humbles me greatly and is at the heart of why I do what I do–the good Lord for some reason allows goofy ol’ me to play a small role in making people better pickers, and I get the blessing of watching these pickers grow for years to come, as they become far better, faster, and tastier pickers than I’ll ever be. Great job, guys. Y’all won a BlueChip Picks tonight for your effort, but I am the one that gets the real gift. Merry Christmas.

4 Likes

Congrats Jack on your submission It is great news that Ben has included you in his prize giving.

1 Like

Hey Ben, It’s not just these youngins that benefit from your teaching skills, Us old timers do not too bad too.

1 Like

Amen to that and I know I am blessed all the way around, my friend!

1 Like

Woot woot! Congrats Austin for the top billing, and congrats to all who submitted entries. They were all really good. That’s pretty cool incentive to practice, and now, you all have a cool song to play for Christmas.

3 Likes