Cumberland Gap (guitar lead)

I am trying to find a tab or video tutorial showing a guitar lead for Cumberland Gap. I see this site only has the banjo version =(
Any links would be appreciated.

Here’s one I grabbed from the Flatpicker Hangout. Haven’t tried to learn it myself, so I don’t have any opinion on the quality.

[attachment=0]tab-cumberland-gap-794-591916792009.tef[/attachment]

Thanks!, Ill give it a try tonight

— Begin quote from "ldpayton"

Here’s one I grabbed from the Flatpicker Hangout. Haven’t tried to learn it myself, so I don’t have any opinion on the quality.

[attachment=0]tab-cumberland-gap-794-591916792009.tef[/attachment]

— End quote

Ends up my buddy wants me to learn it in regular open G (no capo). The *.tef link you gave me has it capo’ed at the second fret, and says it is in the key of A. I assume I can learn the *.tef file you sent me, but just without the capo to get it in G?

Here is another tab sheet I found but already in G. I like the *tef file you sent though, because it gives my ear something to listen to when learning.
jaybuckey.com/pdf/Free%20Tablatu … guitar.pdf

That’s correct, just pull that capo off and you are in G.

In TablEdit, to add or remove a capo (so you can listen in the same key), you can click on Score|Instrument. This brings up the instrument dialog. From there click on the tuning tab, and you should see a spinEdit control near the middle of the dialog for Capo position. In your case, you can set it to 0 to get from A to G.

That Jay Buckey tab is nice because if follows the melody more closely the first time through then adds all the eighth notes for the break.

thanks guys! Now the memorization begins … ugh, I hate this part … but love the result.