Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cowboy boots in Nashville?

Me: I should get some new cowboy boots for Nashville.
My wife: you should get some new cowboy boots IN Nashville!

Sold. Any suggestions? There seem to be many, many boots stores. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Check prices. Location will probably either make them real expensive, or real cheap

2 Likes

There are a couple well-known places, but you’re gonna pay some Nashville tax for sure. Check out French’s: https://frenchsbootsandshoes.com/

Boot Country: https://www.twofreeboots.com/?q=locations#node-2

Trail West: http://trailwestnashville.com/index.html

2 Likes

If you want to look like a Nashville local, you are going to need a Nudie suit like Porter wears to go with those boots.

3 Likes

Hey Lori,

Is Fairfax anywhere near Abingdon? I’ve been to Capo’s Music Store a couple times. They have some really nice instruments there. I played a Huss & Dalton guitar that I wish I could have brought home with me.

It’s a super busy town, but also very nice!

I went to the Fiddler’s Convention in Galax (just to watch) during one of those trips. Virginia is a great place!

J.W.

Mole, Buddy, I’m tempted.

Thanks, Ben, noted. Wherever I go, I’ll drop your name!

SO psyched for the Camp.

1 Like

Both at opposite ends of the state. Fairfax is a suburb of D.C. Abington is near Bristol.

This, of course, could raise the price by double, depending on what store you buy from :wink:

2 Likes

nice sharing!!

@Michael , Did you ever make a boot purchase? If so, please provide any details you are comfortable to share with us.

I’d like to imagine one day, I will likewise share the dream to pick up a pair in Nashville.

Has anyone dared to try Tecovas or any other online store? If so, please share experience details

Yep, I have some full quill ostrich from Tecovas and love them!

3 Likes

@WillCoop,
Yep, sure did. Went “full Nashville tourist” and bought a pair of Ostrich at Boot Barn on 5th. Very happy with them!

2 Likes

What!!! No rhinestones cowboy ?

2 Likes

Those are amazing. Very cool.

Please help me out with the color as I have a color deficiency… And of course, the photo can present it differently than in real life.

1 Like

Sure; light brown vamp and instep, light & dark brown shaft.

1 Like

Not this trip, @Archie! Will be sure to get some for my Opry debut. :grinning:

1 Like

They look blue-ish to me (because of the background perhaps)… Lol. Or… Maybe Gray is closer to what I mean.

I hear y’all laughin’… it stinks being color-deficient! :disappointed:.

That’s why I just had to ask.

Man, I’d like to visit Nashville and pick up some boots. I think it was awesome you came up with the idea to do just that.

1 Like

You bet, @WillCoop. There’s definitely a blue tinge on everything in that photo because of the natural lighting and the blue walls in the room (and the blue/gray guitar case behind them).

1 Like

It is violet guys! if you know what that color means. Britishers will know. Maybe if you mix brown and blue, you might get that violet.