Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Collaboration #1: Will The Circle Be Unbroken

C’mon y’all! Let’s hear some more solos! :cowboy_hat_face:

I’ll start working on a guitar one next week if that would be ok.

1 Like

Thanksgiving was awesome. Got to see family, got some snow and got to take the Martin guitar factory tour.

3 Likes

Are you from Pa?

Na, I’m in Florida. That’s why snow and the Martin tour were both awesome.

1 Like

bump…

What’s the word?

Still several openings for more breaks if anyone wants to take one.

1 Like

So, is this project dead?

Hard telling. Ben waiting on hearing form Larry…?

This seems pretty cool. Hope you guys can pull it off. Does some one edit the mp3’s together? What editing software are you using?

I’ll do another solo or two…whatever we need to get 'er done.

haven’t heard form Mike since the holidays either…

Larry & Mike are the only ones i know of that might mix it down.

I am still kicking :slight_smile:

I thought I was the “substitute” mixing guy until after the Thanksgiving holidays. Sorry if I got that wrong. I can certainly make further mixes if needed. I think at the very least we need one break (perhaps a full verse/chorus if someone feels moved to do so) with an ending. We will likely need to make the rhythm parts match up with the ending as well. If the original rhythm folks don’t have time to do the ending, we can likely come up with something that works (I can punch in guitar and mando).

Last call for people wanting to add another break… speak now or forever hold your peace.

I tried my best, but couldn’t get that kinda speed up
Without falling behind 3-4 sec at the end.
Hope next one is bit slower so beginners stand a chans.
ill see if i can post my try.

3 Likes

Sorry guys, I’ve been out of town and away from my DAW for the last 3 weeks (back to back to back festivals). Just got off a bluegrass cruise on Saturday. I have this week off, then I’m back out again, so if Mike wants to finish up this collaboration it will likely go faster. Besides, he’s already got it sounding good.

You got it down! Just spend a few more hours playing that over and over and you’d probably have it good enough to toss in the mix. Don’t forget to take breaks while you’re practicing. VERY important.

1 Like

@KB1, are you still working on it? Sounded pretty close, and like Mark said, I suspect with a little more work, you’d be in good shape.

Alright, so does anyone want to do a break and an ending for the song? Here’s your chance to get in the last word!

I wish I could but I’m SLAMMED for the next few days. I hope someone can!

I can do a spoons solo if no one else wants it. I could even throw in an interpretive dance.

1 Like