Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Collab Video for Ellie's Hornpipe

Woohoo! Yeah buddy!

1 Like

Just listened. It reminds me a lot of Sailorā€™s Hornpipe with the walk down in the melody. I like it. Iā€™ll try to work it up to show you!

2 Likes

Every time I played this measure:

I kept thinking ā€œThis note progression feels so familiar.ā€ I finally figured out what it reminds me of. Any chance Ellie ever watched Caillou when she was younger? These notes remind me of the opening song every time he said ā€œIā€™m Caillou.ā€ It adds an extra layer of childish charm to the tune.

1 Like

Yeah right :rofl:

I could try maybeā€¦

3 Likes

I donā€™t think so but I hear what youā€™re saying.

1 Like

My daughter sure would remember that song. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s definitely an earworm.

1 Like

Cool, yā€™all! Let me get through the Thanksgiving madness and Iā€™ll create the master track. To be clear, please LIKE this comment if you want to take a solo of some kind.

9 Likes

Very true! Still ringing after being remindedā€¦

Clicked it too fastā€¦ donā€™t know how to unlike Benā€™s post. :frowning:

Just click the heart again :wink:

It doesnā€™t like itā€¦ I get the prohibition symbolā€¦ :wink:

Well then, you have to play a solo.

4 Likes

haha Thatā€™s trouble! :wink:

1 Like

I would love to tackle it on guitar!

4 Likes

Anybody been working on this? Iā€™m going to try soon. I havenā€™t had much time to practice!

5 Likes

Hope yā€™all have! I plan to bounce out the track mid next week when Iā€™m back in Nashville.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been working on it. Itā€™s slightly challenging, but a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to work on this this week. The rest of you should too!

2 Likes

Ok I tried to work up the tune on my guitar today; just tried to learn it by ear since Iā€™d get nowhere reading mandolin tab :laughing:ā€¦ is this pretty close to the melody @BanjoBen? I learned the chords too. Iā€™m ready to start working on a solo or whatever Iā€™m supposed to do for the collab! I really like the song by the way!

9 Likes

When harmonized (or when in unison whatever that is) sound beautiful!

1 Like