Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Christmas music

Howdy all,
It’s getting to be that time of the year. I am slow to learn things, so I need to start on my Christmas music early. Anyone have any particular Christmas songs they are working up for this holiday season? I just started working on a Mike Marshall arrangement of “Angels we have heard on high.”
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClWdZ1yxyYA[/video]

I am also going to hit Ben’s “Joy to the world.” I did it a bit last year. I have a little group that did some Christmas songs last year, and I think it would work well there.

There is a talented young violinist that attends my church, and we did a couple songs last year (I don’t remember what we did… getting old is brutal). I am thinking about making a little arrangement of “What child is this?” to do with her. I had a Mark Hanson arrangement years ago that was pretty good. I might dig that up again and see if it is as good as I remember.

Anyone else get pumped up for Christmas music?

Yeah I really like acoustic Christmas music. I try to learn a new song every year and have to start a little early like you. “Silver Bells” on the mandolin would probably be my favorite one to play. I’m a sucker for 3/4 time anyway. Won’t be long before I drag out the Patty Loveless CD “Bluegrass and White Snow”. Lots of good acoustic Christmas music on it if you’re into that sort of thing. I like that arrangement of Angels We Have Heard On High by the way.