Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Check this Song out

Anyone fancy a barbershop quartet? :joy::joy::joy:

I hadn’t seen that before. Very cool

The guy sitting reading the newspaper… I thought that was Ricky Skaggs on a day off. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

And now we know why guitars have a curved body like that . Who would’ve though hahah!

5 Likes

So sweet! The music is sure to get registered in the baby’s mind and he/she will be a singer/musician one day.

1 Like

I don’t have kids now but when I do , I’m definitely gonna try that :sweat_smile: hahah

1 Like

Great show right here ! It’s a pretty lengthy video , but a good one if you have free time on a late afternoon : )

2 Likes

Found another hidden gem:

3 Likes

This one too , I don’t think I’ve heard of this one:

Get in the boat y’all !

1 Like

Hey @Jono Been thinking about your post about the potential flyaway middle finger. I was practicing “June Apple” and suddenly realized that I could create a middle finger exercise using (for example) the first and second string and pick using ONLY the thumb and middle fingers on the 1st & 2nd string respectively. In other words: T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M. This alternate picking at first drove my fingers crazy, but had the effect of being able to command the middle finger closer action. Slow at first, but then speed-up and maybe walk up a scale to make the exercise less mundane. Anyway, something that seems to work for me.

Thanks mate, I’ll give it a go. :+1:

Katy has a banjo lesson here teaching her banjo break for New Moon. Such a catchy song!

1 Like

I don’t know why , but I just wanted to mention that lately I haven’t been playing/practice as much as I used to . It’s been a little less than a month since I played my guitar. I do play rhythm guitar here and there , but just for a couple minutes and then I put it down. I definitely haven’t been practicing my fiddle-tunes though. It’s not that I’m not motivated, I just don’t feel like it grabs my attention. Now , I’m not saying that I’m done playing guitar , because even when I do play it for a couple minutes, I love it very much , but I just don’t feel it for now . You know ?
Sometimes I feel guilty about it though .

1 Like

Love it too!

I know what you mean @raymondbyron66. I go through spurts of that as well. In fact, I’m in a bit of one myself. I’m working so much that when I have some spare time, I just want to relax for a few minutes.

I played for a couple of hours last weekend and it felt really good, but I haven’t touched my banjo in over a week. Yes, I get that guilty feeling, too. I’m hoping that buying Ben’s new Gold Star banjo will reignite the flame and get me going again.

So you’re not alone. I’ll bet most of us go through the same peaks and valleys.

1 Like

I fractured the first joint in my left ring finger two weeks after camp. There were three weeks before I could play the banjo with light gauge strings. I almost went crazy. I had ten ideas running through my head and all I could do was hum. I’m back on the guitar this week.

1 Like

Oh man! That’s some horrible timing. I was on fire for weeks after camp. I can’t imagine having to stay away from the banjo with all of that fresh knowledge in my head. Sorry to hear that, and glad you’re on the mend.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my old favorites!

1 Like