Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Check this Song out

I have an annoying fly away middle finger. Been trying to correct it, but what ever I try it doesn’t play ball. Doesn’t bother me in a playing sence, but feel it is wasted energy and possibly accuracy. I tried a different hand angle which improved it slightly but messed up other rolls, :grimacing: So maybe I’m stuck with it. :grin:

Not sure how I missed this original post. I am so digging this tune Model Church).

Roy gets a look on his face at one point where it seems he thinks it’s the longest FMBD ending as well.

1 Like

Since we’re on the subject of Roy Clark… Here’s one of my favorites of anyone ever playing a guitar piece:

British guitarist reacts to the day that Roy Clark WON at playing the guitar!

Just amazing! His right hand is like a hummingbird. Also listen to what the British guitarist is saying about Roy… The whole thing is quite interesting.

2 Likes

I remember watching that episode of The Odd Couple when it first aired in 1974 or 1975ish and being amazed. Gosh I’m old.

You’re not old Mags… You probably watched a re-run thirty years later and just thought you watched it back in "74 or '75… At least that’s how I’m thinking it for myself anyway… Yep, I’m sticking with that!

3 Likes

I just found this and had to share it :

2 Likes

That would have been a good one to put on their Christmas album.

1 Like

Anyone fancy a barbershop quartet? :joy::joy::joy:

I hadn’t seen that before. Very cool

The guy sitting reading the newspaper… I thought that was Ricky Skaggs on a day off. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

And now we know why guitars have a curved body like that . Who would’ve though hahah!

5 Likes

So sweet! The music is sure to get registered in the baby’s mind and he/she will be a singer/musician one day.

1 Like

I don’t have kids now but when I do , I’m definitely gonna try that :sweat_smile: hahah

1 Like

Great show right here ! It’s a pretty lengthy video , but a good one if you have free time on a late afternoon : )

2 Likes

Found another hidden gem:

3 Likes

This one too , I don’t think I’ve heard of this one:

Get in the boat y’all !

1 Like

Hey @Jono Been thinking about your post about the potential flyaway middle finger. I was practicing “June Apple” and suddenly realized that I could create a middle finger exercise using (for example) the first and second string and pick using ONLY the thumb and middle fingers on the 1st & 2nd string respectively. In other words: T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M- T-M-T-M. This alternate picking at first drove my fingers crazy, but had the effect of being able to command the middle finger closer action. Slow at first, but then speed-up and maybe walk up a scale to make the exercise less mundane. Anyway, something that seems to work for me.

Thanks mate, I’ll give it a go. :+1:

Katy has a banjo lesson here teaching her banjo break for New Moon. Such a catchy song!

1 Like