Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cabin Camp 2020 - Week 2

I brought 2 mandolins , 2 fiddles, and a tenor banjo. He played (very well I might add) all but the 1 fiddle with no strings, and only bc there wasnt enuff time to mess with that one! I was happy to see those old instruments being played, and play along with them on the mando.

7 Likes

That was awesome Mark great job you guys all sounded great.

7 Likes

Where were you able to get Abby’s family CD?

4 Likes

I just hit her up on Facebook to find an answer for you. I’ll let you know when she replies.

5 Likes

Hey Scott. I sent you a PM with the details.

6 Likes

@Mark_Rocka you are a great singer And Bassman! well done!

7 Likes

I never knew that! :wink:

3 Likes

Awe. :blush: Thanks.

To be fair, though, those gals could make a squealing pig sound good. :wink:

6 Likes

I purchased both CDs at the camp store.

4 Likes

@5-StringPilgrim There were 2?!! They must have sold out of one cuz I bought “life is good” by Hartley family (it was the only one there) and I woulda bought the other one too if they had it…

4 Likes

I did!! It’s a '37 D18, and it sounded amazing!!! It was really loud, with a really great tone and so much note clarity, it was really awesome!! The action was higher than I prefer, and the neck was huge, but it seems to be perfect for Kenny’s hands (they’re huge).

I tried to… I didn’t play all of them, but I probably got to try more than half of them

The second week there was a couple more banjos, which I also played, and I did play both Northfields. Ben’s Twanger was awesome, as were both of your instruments!

6 Likes

I thought it’s a '35?

Thanks!

6 Likes

@Simone “By both” I purchased a Spillwater Drive and a Hartley Family CD. That made the two.

I would love to hear Abby sing Steel Rails.

5 Likes

@5-StringPilgrim Gotcha, I bought Stillwater too!!

5 Likes

You’re right. Justin’s is a '37

5 Likes

Camp 2 Squirrels on the Run

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_F8duCbHN3s06x9Og12ULUoa4m7YHWVp/view?usp=drivesdk [drive.google.com]

11 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jzxshztTW-ufzlC6QnFJizLvQVa9YwFq/view?usp=drivesdk [drive.google.com]

11 Likes

That’s entertainment!

7 Likes

@archer , thanks so much for posting that, I really enjoyed it!! Great job Squirrels on the Run!!:sunglasses::+1:t2:

6 Likes

Thanks for posting those!! It was really fun playing bass with y’all!

5 Likes