Blue Ridge Guitars

I would like to play some Blue Ridge guitars, but cannot find anyplace that has any appreciable stock. I live in East Texas, not too far from Banjo Ben’s hometown (I think) is Kilgore. I hear Glen Rose Music south of Fort Worth carried a good selection, but they are closed now. Guitar Center has a limited selection… Does anyone know of a music store in the Dallas, TX area, say within 100 miles, that carries a good selection of Blue Ridge guitars. I cannot bring myself to buy a guitar online, that is, without playing it first.
MR

Hey Mike, I don’t know for sure, but also keep in mind that we can send you HD video/audio of the exact guitar you purchase, and if you’re not completely satisfied with the guitar, you can return it. We’re in the business of making sure you get exactly the guitar you want.

I do think it’s a good idea to play some Blueridge guitars, of course. Check out these guys:

Archie’s Guitars
100 Central Expressway 46
Richardson, TX 75080
Tel.: 972-907-1553

https://www.archiesguitars.com/shop/Stringed-Instruments/Guitar/Acoustic.htm

HI Ben,

Brother, it always blows me away how attentive you are to your website! You always seem to be right there with an answer whenever I post something. I was in Branson, MO this last weekend listening to a lot of bluegrass music and heard (and talked to) a guy that was playing one of the sweetest sounding guitars I ever heard,. Yep, your right, it was a Blue Ridge, and he kept telling me how much he loved it and had been playing it for years. It re-sparked my interest but have been struggling to find anywhere that I can go and play one. It is my desire to buy one from y’all, but I have to play it first. Thanks for the info about Archie’s Guitars. I’ll check it out.

Yeah man, no problem, and I also want to add how incredibly consistent these guitars are, especially with @Jake on the setup. Check it out:

Awesome Ben. Great video and really good to know. I live in Canton, but work in Dallas. Might have a chance to check out Archie’s tomorrow after work. I’ll be in touch. Thanks again.

Cool! Call them first! They don’t have any listed on their site, but they may have them in store (hopefully!).

Yes! This is my experience, too. These guitars are way more predictable than a Martin.

I bought a Blueridge 140A from the General Store a few months back. I only live 45 minutes from the General Store, so I went up there and played multiple guitars. EVERY SINGLE one Jake got out for me was set up perfectly. I don’t know if they came from the factory like that or if Jake had adjusted them. Regardless, I wouldn’t hesitate in the least buying a guitar online that Jake has inspected and approved.

Thank you! If Jake let you play them, he had put his touch on it first. They don’t all come set up like that, which is why it’s important to buy from someone who cares about the customer and their satisfaction.