Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Blue Chip Pick

I know this thread is old but I wanted to chime in with a perspective I don’t hear anyone mention. I got my first blue chip pick a few years ago. Not only do they sound great, but these picks don’t wear out. I didn’t expect that. I thought they might wear eventually. Mine still look like they did coming out of the box after YEARS of regular play. If you can keep track of the things, you won’t need to buy another pick. Pretty amazing product.

8 Likes

I love mine and you’re right about its durability. I bought mine in 2019 and it’s like new.

3 Likes

You can’t go wrong with blue chip pick. @Flatpickin_Libby and @Michael_Mark can attest that!

3 Likes

And if you clean it with soap and water, it regains the slightly tacky feel it had when new.

If you are into that sort of thing.

5 Likes

@Mike_R, I feel like you might be pranking me here about washing my pick, but I’m totally trying this today!!

2 Likes

That is a great trick. No prank!

4 Likes

I’m trying this too. Is there nothing these picks can’t do???:smile:

3 Likes

aaf_lol
Are you referring to the tacky feel or the soap & water?

5 Likes

Just got this email from BlueChip:

Free shipping, Free engraving, and a Free pick pouch with your order.

Now through Sunday night, December 11, 2022

5 Likes

Listen if y’all want me to scratch something on your bluechips, just ask me.

13 Likes

I wish they came in other colors besides “can’t find me” brown

5 Likes

I’ve now had about 12 Cabin Camps at my house…SO many Bluechips lost in my backyard. I was walking the other day and happened to look down and find a flatpick in the midst of the leaves. Crazy find! I picked it up and barely put any pressure on it and it snapped in half. I guess they don’t hold up to the elements too well.

7 Likes

Is that advertised in the house listing? “Blue Chips hidden in the grass.” You might be surprised at all the offers all of a sudden…

6 Likes

I always get the heat when I even hint at shopping from some other place than the General Store. :unamused:

7 Likes

Heretic.

8 Likes

As it should be.

10 Likes

I hope I can come to the General Store in May. No definites yet but we’ll be in Branson, MO!

7 Likes

I’ve honestly been kinda tempted to try one of the Kenny Smith picks. I’d feel weird with so many BCs though, because I have some TADs I bought years ago but don’t use anymore- I think my picking tendencies have shifted a bit since then and I really don’t like the large triangles anymore. So if anybody wants a TAD40 or TAD50 at negotiable prices with my name on the back, hit me up :joy::joy:

4 Likes

The non engraved ones sell for nearly what you paid. I’ve sold several as I buy new ones.

3 Likes

Hey, if I ever get one I need you to scratch “Banjo Ben was here” into it. Would make it quite a bit more valuable. :joy:

6 Likes