Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Blackberry Blossom, Libby guitar

26 Likes

loveit Libby

6 Likes

That’s success! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Excellent Job, Libby! Blackberry Blossom is one of my favs to perform! Got pretty good with it by improvising like you did. Up and down the neck. Picking up my music again and my fingers are a little stiffer than they used to be-am trying to loosen them up again, using, yes, Blackberry Blossum!

6 Likes

Nice pickin’. It’s obvious you have the talent and have devoted the time to do something you enjoy.
Playing only four years…. impressive. I’ve been playing about 6 and can strum along to most anything but do not seem to have the talent nor time to do what you do. Signed up for a Banjoben Camp next month, maybe he can push me over the edge! Keep up the great work.

4 Likes

Thanks so much y’all!

3 Likes

first - I LOVE Blackberry Blossom. Second - I LOVE what you did with it here. Well done, kiddo.
mr g

5 Likes

Thanks! :grin:

3 Likes

Real nice Libby … well done.

5 Likes

This is just wonderful. I shared this with my 11 y/o daughter with hopes that it would inspire her “violin” playing to evolve into fiddle playing.

Unfortunately, she just pointed out that @Flatpickin_Libby is a heck of a lot better than I am!

Keep up the fine picking!

2 Likes

Outstanding.

Thank you all so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

1st time through in the “B” section - the Em section - when you go up high… I adore that phrase you played over the B7 chord… I want to learn that. I am currently working on figuring it out - but you could help an old man (cough cough… so feeble and old… HAHAHA!) out and show me what you did there?
mr g

2 Likes

@Mr_G, I do a slide going up into the 8th fret with my third finger. So finger 3 plays fret 8, finger 1 is on fret 5, and finger 2 is on fret 7.
35%20AM

4 Likes

Thanks! Love it.

2 Likes