Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Black Friday/Cyber Monday!

Yeah, but you’ll make it up in volume!

I used to write software for the “quick service” restaurant industry. A Mexican chain installed our software. One of their more popular items in S. Central TX was something like a menudo taco that they sold for $0.99. After installing the software, they figured out that the food cost of each taco was about twice that. It was a sad day in Texas,

3 Likes

Those southern boys love their mullets. Is this a photo from Ben’s high school yearbook?

4 Likes

I think you ought to consider having another contest some time next year where the entries are commercials for the General Store with each containing music performed expressly for the making of the commercial!
:grinning:

4 Likes

Why do I suspect an “Avengers assemble!” parody?

Or worse, the Avengers morph into the Village People!

Can’t wait to see the premier!

2 Likes

I like the “executive decision!” :slight_smile:

OK, I understand the learning curve taking up some time, but that’s a lot of post-production work.
Maybe you need to tighten up your story board and get more right on the first take.
It can save a lot of wasted time down the road.
Just a little input from someone who has wasted a lot of time trying to make silk purses out of sow’s ears.

1 Like

Thanks! I’d say half of it was audio EQ and sound effects (searching for songs, EQing effects to make them pan the way I wanted, etc), some lighting time, and the bulk of it making the cuts and transitions sync with audio to get the response I’m hoping for. As far as story board/takes, I only had one take of each camera angle on my hard drive after shooting. I’m just slow, I reckon!

3 Likes

OK, I get the part about “searching for songs.” What a rabbit hole that can be, especially when you find one that’s close, but not quite right. Same goes for EQ. The more options you have, the more the compulsion to try every one. :wink:
That said, I give you all high fives all around for a job well done!

3 Likes

Do Scruggs, not drugs!!!

9 Likes

@BanJoe Did someone mention $40 picks :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Well, the advertisement must have been mighty convincing. An order has been placed by my lovely and gracious wife for a “twanger” as a (supersized) Christmas gift for me. We have had a one instrument comes in/one goes out rule for a while, but I guess the ad was enough to gain a momentary pause of that policy. Powerful acting! I look forward to learning how to play banjo.

11 Likes

Wait, does this mean I just got paid to act? Am I now a PAID ACTOR??!!!

9 Likes

Don’t let it go to your head.
Remember, both Lassie & Cheetah were paid actors, too! :grin:

4 Likes

But @BanJoe they were paid with dog and cat food, how do you pay a banjer player?

3 Likes

With new strings & ear plugs!

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Preparing script for your next video??!! :wink: But you guys are truly awesome!!

1 Like

I pulled the trigger on a Twanger myself last week. Don’t think I’ve ever been this excited! :laughing:

11 Likes

Congrats! Having heard you play, it was time for an upgrade. I’m sure you’ll make it sound great!

6 Likes

Thanks Gunnar really nice of you to say that. :grinning:Have you decided what banjo you want.

3 Likes