Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Strap Suggestions?

Well I started it We’ll see what they say lol

2 Likes

Hey Woody, that’s something that has always puzzled me. I can only assume these banjo’s don’t have a metal tone ring and they are glued or sewn on to the jacket. Velcro perhaps ? I watch with interest.

1 Like

I wore the strap over the neck on an open back and it was uncomfortable after an hour even with the pot in my lap. I saw Earl wearing his over one shoulder even when standing so I am trying one shoulder with the resonator banjo I started using recently. I am still sitting with the pot in my lap but my shoulders definitely prefer the right shoulder strap only.

Cool feedback! Maybe worth a try? :thinking:

I use a Levy’s guitar strap…I love it.

Best I’ve owned, and I’ve had it for years.

5 Likes

Thanks Dave! That really makes me feel better about thinking to order one. I mean… I totally know Jake is being truthful when he says it is a very popular one out there… but it is really something else to hear someone who’s used one over many years.

Dave, I went to the Volume 5 Website: https://www.volumefivebg.com/tour

Looks like they will play SAT, JUN 23!

I think I will try to make arrangements!

Cool! Going to bring the family or jsut come out alone?

If it’s just you I could make room in the camper for you if you wanted.

A Levy came with the RB250 from Jake. I have a nylon strap that I got before and the Levy is much better. No comparison really.Think it’s 1.5 or 2" wide and a gold buckle for adjusting. Had to take the resonator and 2 screws out to get it attached, but it was not that hard.

1 Like

Will, I have this Levy PM13-WAL strap that I got on Amazon before I even signed up here:

It’s much cheaper on Amazon than on their own page: (http://www.levysleathers.com/shop/banjo-strap-pm13-wal/)

The only thing I don’t like is the sliding 3" pad. It moves around way too much for me. Other than that, I have had no problems with it at all.

1 Like

a moveable pad could also be a removable pad…

2 Likes

Amen…but I am sure it can te tacked… or anchored in place also.

WALNUT is the color Jake had. I want something lighter than Dark Brown or Black… so Walnut sounds great!

My banjer is a Hollowback- so I need the design with tie-offs versus “cradle”.

I want to support Ben’s Store and Jake said $41 should cover everything! Sounds like a square deal to me… all due respect to the Lakota premium fans out there…

1 Like

Of course… but that RK-36 is heavy and I like having a pad there. Just need to duct tape it in place! LOL

1 Like

Gonna be putting my new Lakota 3" non Cradle strap on sometime later today along with a new set of ghs strings

20180222_091001-1310x2328

20180222_090751-1310x2328

4 Likes

Very Nice!

Just to add a little about straps and especially fitting them into a tight case

Ive just got an RK-75 Elite and the two straps i have are i guess a thick leather strap and theres no way i can get the banjo into the case with either so i’m now left in a position to look for another strap that would either fit into the case with it or detach like the Neotech MEGA Banjo Straps.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Lee,

Here’s a good video where Jake demonstrates cradle and non cradle straps. The Lakota on this page is two inches wide…Hope that helps.

Banjo Straps

Great video from @Jake! I was hoping he’d get around to showing us how he ties off the other end of those straps. It looked like a couple of them attach like mine, where the part that attaches at the bottom of the banjo looks more like a guitar strap.

My local music shop gave me some shoe strings to tie it to the J hooks. I just wonder if there’s a better way.

Yes seen that video @Treblemaker and would love a Lakota strap but can’t get them in the uk

Thanks

Would anyone have a dogwood strap for sale? Mine was stolen and dogwood is all I like.

Would this work?

Sorry, this is Dagwood not Dogwood. My Bad.

5 Likes