Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Lick Challenge- Jan. 8, 2020!

Here’s an idea I had this evening…let the wheels begin to turn and lemme see those video submissions!

14 Likes

Hmm, that’s a tough challenge, will give it a try but don’t hold your breath this could take a while. :upside_down_face::roll_eyes::upside_down_face::astonished::cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Ooh, I’ve been called out… travelling today, I’ll work on this in a couple days and see what I can do.
That’s an awesome lick btw!

5 Likes

HINT… would you rather be a hammer than a nail…

5 Likes

Now i know what i have to do…:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I figured out the lick but where does it fits. I’m thinking Salt Creek and maybe John Henry…

2 Likes

That’s a really cool lick, but I’m gonna wait for the tab to learn it.

1 Like

I worked out that lick on mandolin…now to figure out where to put it. Is there a tune like Big Mon except in the key of G ?

2 Likes

Harrison, the challenge is to learn the lick without the TAB

3 Likes

I guess I didn’t here the not in the video. Well, I’d better start working on it from the video. :man_facepalming::roll_eyes::wink:

3 Likes

Transpose it!

1 Like

Ok, i think this is to difficult for me… :exploding_head:

1 Like

Yes! Transposed to A it works great in Loser.

3 Likes

Oh wow, as in "… Sweet Suzie, last fair deal… Loser? Would absolutely love to see or hear that… hint hint hint!:grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for the challenge. I got the lick but need to work this week on putting in a song. Don’t give up hope @BanjoBen someone will get something posted up soon I’m sure!

2 Likes

Got one! Now I need to get it tight. Three days.

1 Like

For some reason I’m just now seeing this video… as I sit here with a mandolin around my neck. I’m not going to look at any submissions until I get something worked up. Cool lick!

2 Likes

I’m keeping it in G and adding a well known lick from Ben’s site.

2 Likes

I’ve got the notes figured out, and what I’m going to add. Won’t be till the end of the week or this weekend though, cause I won’t be getting a chance to practice.

It’s been crazy the last couple of weeks with the loss of my mother in law.

Anyone else working on anything?

3 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss buddy, prayers coming your way!!

4 Likes