Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Lick Challenge- Jan. 8, 2020!

I appreciate that.

2 Likes

OK, how am I the first person to post a video? That doesn’t seem right.

It’s a heckuva versatile lick! Almost as handy as the lick you taught us at camp, Ben.

22 Likes

Cool! Very creative!

Mine’s coming soon. It will be very much shorter.

6 Likes

Fantastic @Mark_Rocka mine is still a work in progress and it will continue to be for some time to come.

7 Likes

Every one of those uses were great! Now I’ll have to find other songs to use it on…

4 Likes

Sweet! Enjoyed that!

5 Likes

It fits in nearly every song I tried it on. There was one i couldn’t find a good spot for, but I probably didn’t try hard enough.

4 Likes

Well, I couldn’t come up with 4 songs to work it into like @Mark_Rocka but I managed to get two songs done, here’s the first, Wreck of the Old 97. First time though is the straight melody, second time uses the lick.

16 Likes

Here’s the second one, When the Saints go Marching in. Do I get bonus points for using Ben’s newest lesson? :wink:

15 Likes

Good Job Harrison

2 Likes

Nice work :+1:

2 Likes

Excellent! They both fit perfectly.

2 Likes

I’m not watching till I’ve made my own video of it… gonna start working on it tonight

3 Likes

Wow that was great!! :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

That’s probably a good idea.

1 Like

Good Job!

2 Likes

Ok I just learned this lick about 15 minutes ago, so it’s a bit sloppy, but here’s it in Foggy Mountain Breakdown

16 Likes

And here in John Hardy, which was my first instinct to use it in. Also a bit sloppy cuz I only just learned the lick

15 Likes

That was awesome Mark! I was thinking it would probably fit well into MOCS, but I haven’t tried it yet (also I’ve not had much luck adding licks to that song)

Those were both awesome @D_HRRFan7303! They fit very well

3 Likes

Great job Gunnar, those were great songs to put that in. It fits really well in John Hardy, kind of gives the same melodic sound of the rest of the song.

1 Like