Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben's "Teach Me Something" Contest!

To enter your submission, you must have at least a Silver Pick (free) account and post the link to your youtube contest submission in the thread below!

12 Likes

We have to teach something related to music or not?

This looks fun - a great idea! :smile:

5 Likes

Banjo, mandolin or guitar lesson :slightly_smiling_face:

Everyone – you can check out the full set of details on this blog page. Can’t wait to see what y’all have got!

3 Likes

This is not necessarily teaching as much as demonstrating how the AnyTune app can be used to isolate, slow down, and loop banjo backup (The app is capable of much much more, but this is a particularly neat feature)

2 Likes

I recently ripped my fretting hand open right under my pointer finger and couldn’t use it for several weeks. I tried doing something similar to what they’re doing in that video with a friend. They make it look really easy. Wonder how long that took to learn…

3 Likes

I love all y’all’s comments, but let’s try to keep discussion centered around the submissions or questions about the contest. Thanks! Can’t wait to see them roll in!

5 Likes

I love it @declanlyden15! But please trim off the very last second so that your video is 1:00…right now it’s 1:01 and it doesn’t qualify. Trim off the last second and repost here in the forum. If you need help doing that, please reach out!

Good Job @declanlyden15 Declan applaud

1 Like

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJIib0GQDU Here you are, I trimmed off that last second of the video. I hope it works now!!

7 Likes

Here’s my entry for Mandolin! So much fun. Thanks for putting this together.

Dave

17 Likes

I just tried this on my tuba and it sounded great, thank you!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BRAVO!

2 Likes

Outstanding!

3 Likes

Not the editing masterpiece we saw from @DSoleil, but anyway, thought I’d take my shot at maybe winning a free set of strings or something, lol. Srsly tho, this really did build new strength and speed for me, hope it works for some of you.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oUuFOWiwwck

10 Likes

Awesome, great video. I will have to try that.

2 Likes

I should add, from my earlier comment it looks like I could be making a sarcastic jab at @DSoleil, but nothing could be further from the truth. It was a really well made vid, great lesson, and I’m jealous of the entertainment value too!!!

3 Likes
10 Likes

gif @todd2 Very confident

4 Likes