Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben's Inaugural Camp & BBQ Bash Introduction!

I live on the border of Montana/Wyoming and am so happy you are planning a camp in Idaho as well. Count me in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a great event! @BanjoBen, care to add one in africa? Cape town is a good choice :wink:

1 Like

Is this thing still in the works or has it exploded in the hanger?

1 Like

@Fisherbro I’m getting the date nailed down THIS week!

3 Likes

Very cool!

Good deal. Happy Halloween!!

wow… if only it was achievable being from the UK

I feel ya pain, I too can only wish, cuz I’m in Africa :cry:

Ben, did you get a date nailed down last week for the camp?

Alright folks, we’ve set aside March 28-30, 2019, for the camp! I’m working on details and will release them after Thanksgiving. as well as the method for signing up.

Here’s what I know so far:

• The camp will be held at my house in Mount Juliet, TN, beginning at lunchtime on 28 March and ending late night 30 March.
  • There will be limited space of 30 campers (10 per instrument)
  • Spouses are able to attend for the meals but will obviously have to pay up to cover their groceries (to be determined).
  • There is nearby lodging at a hotel for around $100/night, though I’m working on a group rate
  • Price for the camp (to be determined) will include lunch and supper for Thursday-Saturday. Breakfasts will not be provided. I have one of the best cooks in all the southeast flying in to cater the meals.
  • Beginner to intermediate players are encouraged to attend. You need to be able to play rhythm at a slow tempo and attempt basic melodies, even while reading tab. If you cannot play basic rhythm and change chords, this camp may be a bit out of your reach. If you feel comfortable “mashing it” with the guys from Kentucky Thunder, this camp is too elementary for you.
  • The teachers are Katy Lou Clark on banjo, Penny Lea Clark on mandolin, Jake Stogdill on guitar, and I’ll be doing personal assessments and lessons throughout the camp, as well as teaching group classes. It is my goal for everyone attending to get personal, one-on-one time with me.
  • We will have group time divided by instrument, but also create bands and work on how to play together. I’m considering having a friendly “battle of the bands” Saturday night for a grand prize.
  • Each attendee will receive quite the gift bag according to the instrument they are attending for. Jake will also be conducting basic setup and inspection of everyone’s instrument.
  • We’re gonna have fun. This will be an intimidation-free zone! We will laugh a lot!
  • Keep your eye out for details, but reserve the dates now!
11 Likes

This looks awesome!

That’s AWESOME.

@BanjoBen Sounds like a whole lot of fun. I only wish I could join you guy’s. Perhaps you could record some of the lessons and jam sessions.

1 Like

I sure hope I get to be one of the lucky 30! I’m planning on trying to get a slot.

Well It ends up I may not make it. I just realized that’s my kids spring break week and we are planning a trip. Unless of course I can convince them to go to Nashville.:grin:

2 Likes

What’s not to love about a trip to Nashville?

I really do think we would all enjoy that. We have been planning on going out west but who knows. We will be talking about it over the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

Well yeah. Lot’s to do in Nashville.

Ben I met Lone wolf at another banjo camp he has by far surpassed me with skill and talent but I would like to be included for this camp so we could do more playing time together and of course learn more. I am a big fan of yours and have learned a lot through your teachings, for that I say thanks.

1 Like

This is awesome Ben! Hope I can get in!!