Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben's Inaugural Cabin Camp, March 28-30, 2019!

Hi @lonewolf223 Mike

You could maybe try downloading the DEMO Version of TableEdit. Opening up Ben’s TEF File and then apply a capo to nstrument TAGs. I am thinking so long as you don’t try to save the TEF file I think it might just work.

Nothing ventured nothing gained

Hi, All. I’m flying in and have found the flights on the Sunday following camp to be extremely high; it will cost almost $600 more to fly on that day than to leave Saturday night. I would hate to miss that last jam, so wondered if others are coming in early on the 27th and would like an informal jam the day BEFORE the camp.

Hi, Maggie,
Sorry, I’m a little late to this thread, but…
I’m with you. I have never played in front of people (except teachers) and am similarly petrified. (I’ve never even played in front of my wife of 30 years, but that will probably change before Nashville, if she has anything to say about it. Which she of course does.).

In my case, the concern is that more people = more nervousness = more mistakes = more nervousness, ad infinitum. I am entirely convinced that @BanjoBen, and his sisters, and the other teachers, are completely tuned in to that, and helping us overcome that anxiety will be a big part of this experience.

And if there are cameras, let there be cameras. Even if we cringe a little on Sunday, before long we’ll be proud of our efforts and proud of the documentation.

And I also believe that Banjo Ben’s (International) Bluegrass Camps will become a huge thing. Very proud and excited to be a part of the inaugural.

Looking forward to meeting you you in Mt. Juliet!l

2 Likes

Well then we’ll just all be in the good company of fellow scardy cats, make that scardy cool cats. I too am convinced that this is the place to just dive in and grow a…, well, you know what I mean.

I’m sure we’ll all be fine and will have great time; I’m really looking forward to the camp and to meeting you too Michael.

2 Likes

Not long now. So just out of curiosity who is attending?

I’m going. (Carl Turner). Will you be coming in the day before? Look for some folks who might like to jam the afternoon before the camp, or even the morning before the first day.

1 Like

I’ll be there (Mike Harrison). Planning to get to town Wednesday…hope to visit Steve Huber and then take in the big show at The Ryman Wednesday night. Would definitely be interested in a jam early on Thursday if we can find a good spot.

1 Like

Only about a month to go before some of us hit the road. @BanjoBen, was there going to be some more information on what to bring? Anything we need to order/purchase before setting out? Music stand? Instrument stand? other??? Anything in addition to the song lessons we should be preparing for? Thanks.

2 Likes

Yep, should get another video out by end of week!

2 Likes

Hey @Archie,
I’m coming with my guitar. I’m staying downtown because my family is coming, too, so will be 20-30 minutes away from the Camp; but will be showing up early and staying late! :slightly_smiling_face::musical_score:

I have created and sent another video update as well as a packing list. If you are registered for the camp, you should have received it. Please let me know if not by emailing me at ben at banjobenclark.com

3 Likes

Excellent. I"m sure we can find a place. Are you staying at the hotel? I bet we can get some chairs from the hotel and find a place in the courtyard, or if there are only a few of us we can play in my room. Feel free to call/text me if you like to make arrangements (303-549-0687).

Yep…same here. (706)-201-7398

Maybe we can have a little list of folks who want to get together before the camp or, once there post here where in the hotel we’re trying to get together? I’ll be flying in Wednesday early afternoon.

Maybe we should start a new one…takes five minutes to scroll to the bottom of this thread on my phone.

2 Likes

Done - I created “Pre-Camp Gathering Info March 2019” in the general chit-chat area.

Time to change your network provider. Mike

Haha! I live in the sticks…only one choice (and it’s a bad one).

Can’t you get a signal booster ?

Anybody else trying to practice hard enough in two weeks to make up for years of not practicing enough??? :rofl:

6 Likes