Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben's Eefing Contest!

Dropping the mic… Goes :boom:BOOM!

Classic @Mark_Rocka - and totally worth the wait!

5 Likes

Oh my Lord, The cream in my coffee just curdled @Mark_Rocka

7 Likes

:joy: I bet that does take some video editing skill!

5 Likes

The funny thing is, I go so long in between projects I have to relearn everything. I spent half my time just watching YouTube videos on how to do what I wanted to do. :laughing:

4 Likes

Awesome job Harrison!!!

5 Likes

Wow wow wow!! Fantastic! :joy:

5 Likes

Nope @Bcaves… you are mistaken

That was pure magic !

Tell 'em, @Mark_Rocka… tell 'em!

2 Likes

Welcome @margaretbrennen!

Glad to see you posting here on the forum and hope to see you often!

2 Likes

Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum @margaretbrennen

3 Likes

Hi @Mark_Rocka I gotta say that is some great video editing. What software are you using ?

I’d love to see a fly on the wall tutorial on how you assembled these clips.

3 Likes

Well now that I know that I’m not winning this contest…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: here’s my entry: (be advised that I wasn’t wearing a shirt, so don’t watch if you don’t want to see me shirtless :joy::joy:)
Eefing video

11 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

Bro you need to get a grip :joy: nice flip :+1:

3 Likes

It’s surprisingly easy when you can remember the little tricks in Lightworks, which I’m never able to do because I go so long in between uses.

Long story short, everything you see in this video was taken in one long, uninterrupted shot. I even left the camera running during costume changes because I didn’t want to bump the camera at all. I also disabled all auto-aperture settings on the camera to prevent it from changing the brightness or focus, which would have been a dead give-away that there were 2 videos laid on top of each other.

That archtop is hanging in the middle of the shot for good reason. That was my center line. I knew I couldn’t cross that line with either “character” or the shot would be ruined.

Once I got the long shot trimmed up into individual shots, it was just a matter of syncing the audio, laying the rapper video over the hillbilly video, and trimming off the right half of the rapper’s video.

For an experienced editor, all of that would take 30 minutes or less. In my case, it was more like 2 1/2 hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

All looks pretty professional to me. Especially the lip sync

3 Likes

Thanks for the breakdown @Mark_Rocka. It is interesting to read… but the time “invested” was worth it… because (imagine Chris Farley voice)…

That… was… AWESOME

4 Likes

HA! Well I’m glad the time wasn’t wasted. :smiley:

Thanks Will!

3 Likes

Wasted? It was APPRCIATED! :+1::wink:

3 Likes

You’re telling me :joy::joy: unfortunately, I can’t blame quarantine for this behavior cuz everyone who knows me would call that bluff…

Thanks, I’ve been working on actually being able to do a backflip with good form, but it’s hard and scary so…

5 Likes

I imagine so. In general how do you keep from landing on your head. I had a friend who had to make a trip to the chiropractor after her attempt

4 Likes