Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben 2020 European Camp Planning Thread

Yeah well, if I’m lucky enough to go, just to help out and stuff, I’m sticking around for several more days to play, and I don’t mean banjo.

Try 7 days, I find it quite enjoyable, better than try to swing a stick at a wee white ball in the hope it will fall in a wee round hole

1 Like

If at first you don’t succeed. Dang that spider

1 Like

Yes @Maggie there’s lots to do and see in Europe. I am reminded of a train journey from Edinburgh to Darlington back in 1968. I was retuning to barracks after a weekend pass and struck up a conversation with an elderly American couple.

I asked them if they enjoyed their stay in Scotland and how long they had been in the UK, Oh yes, they replied, it’s lovely. We left London on Friday on the sleeper train to Glasgow, then up the west coast railway to Fort William and across to Inverness now we are heading back to London and across the Channel to Europe. This was Sunday afternoon.

I guess they enjoyed Robert Louis Stevenson’s poem “From a Railway Carriage” so much they didn’t feel the need to stretch their legs.

1 Like

I don’t like visiting anywhere for less than two weeks. You don’t have enough time to do stuff if you spend a week in even one city

Sounds good Maggie!

Has there been any more planning / discussion about a European camp this year?

1 Like

Question, i can get the map to come up, but there is nothing on it. No pins or anything.

Anyway, i am split between 2 places… midlothian VA, and Roanoke Rapids NC. If someone could add me to it, and explain how i can see where others are that don’t mind sharing, that would be great, thanks.

Hi John, long time, I hope you are well.

Ben has the two camps coming up at his house in March and April and I know he’s putting in a new a kitchen in his house and building a pavilion for the campers so he’s super busy, for the moment.

I hope it will still happen sometime. If @BanjoBen does not reply here, please be patient, he will eventually.

It’s good to hear from you. All the best.

2 Likes

There hasn’t been any more planning/discussion for a camp this year but I have my sights set on 2021! I was able to get some much needed help hired around here so we hope to make some movement on the bigger goals like camps abroad. Thanks!

3 Likes

And to the west?! You need another hunting trip! :wink:

1 Like

Yep! I would love to!

1 Like