Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Away in a manger mandolin & guitar duet

Hello folks, here is a Christmas member collab with myself and @Dragonslayer! Both instruments parts are @BanjoBen lessons/arrangements. We started the “process” around Dec 4th. I had been working on this about a week prior to that - but great job to Gunnar for gettin this down so fast! This is a Lo-Fi (best listened to with headphones) production. Entire thing was done on cell phones. The guitar half 1st uploaded to YouTube, then played back thru cell phone, casted to the TV, then mando part was played alongside TV, & simultaneously recorded by same phone. This was alot of fun! Never in a million years would I think I would be playing music with someone across the globe! Super glad he worked on this with me! The cool thing is we will both be at the March Cabin Camp and look forward to actually trying this out live! Merry Christmas everyone!

13 Likes

that was Brilliant !!!

3 Likes

Great job! Hey @Dragonslayer, I might like to try that sometime! :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome!

1:52 Puppy sighting!

4 Likes

Hey, that was pretty good! Y’all did great… :joy::joy:

Just shoot me a message, I haven’t anything better to do

3 Likes

No school assignments to complete.?

2 Likes

Unschooling

4 Likes

Thank you @Archie :blush:!!

3 Likes

Thank you @D_HRRFan7303 :blush:!

4 Likes

:innocent::innocent: What does that mean???

3 Likes

Thank you @Mike_R, and indeed, that was certainly a puppy sighting! You can hear their little toes in the background along with the crickets in @Dragonslayer 's recording. It’s the wildlife :grin:

4 Likes

That’s classified info. I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you… :smirk::joy:

Yep, loud cicadas too

Oh I thought that’s supposed to be us… :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Oh yeah, right, shhhhh, dont tell no one :rofl:!

1 Like

Oops, I think I was supposed to include that with my this: :confounded:

:

1 Like

I listened to this again earlier, and it actually sounds better without earphones, so if you couldn’t hear the guitar with the earphones, try without

2 Likes

That was fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope you guys do more collabs like this soon.

3 Likes

Y’all, I don’t even know what to say! This is definitely one of my all-time highlights of being a teacher. Thank you for doing this!

3 Likes

Yay glad you liked it! We might already be planning one for next year, and we’ll both be at camp…

1 Like

:joy: thank you so much for creating such an awesome website to facilitate this!

4 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Jamming at Canim Camp