Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Ashokan Farewell Key D- 6/8 Rhythm Gtr TAB

Anyone able to help with TEF file, 6/8 Rhythm Guitar TAB Ashokan Farewell Key D.

I don’t have a TAB, but I can help you write one if you have a banjo file you want guitar backup for.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Mark I am still working on the banjo backup that’s why I need the 6/8 rhythm in D. I don’t play much banjo in D and 6/8 is a new adventure. I have been listening to a lot of violin/fiddle arrangements on YouTube but yet to feel the phrasing. Just learned this evening that we now have a fiddle player in our jam group

1 Like

From what I can tell, Ashokan Farewell is usually played in 3/4; is there a specific banjo arrangement you’re learning?

1 Like

As I said earlier just what I am listening to on YouTube. Tom Adams has a banjo arrangement but it seems very complicated.

2 Likes

Ok cool. I’m just wondering how you came up with 6/8 timing. If you want, I can write guitar backup to Tom’s arrangement, which is in 3/4.

1 Like

Traditional Celtic Phrasing

1 Like

I think I have a TAB… I do. It is 3/4 but you can change it to 6/8 if you want
ashokanfarewell.tef (3.6 KB)

I didn’t arrange it so thanks to whoever I got it from.

1 Like

I found a page with easy guitar tab for Ashokan Farewell and there’s a downloadable PDF on the page. https://dazwatsonmusic.weebly.com/ashokan-farewell.html

1 Like

Thank you @Mike_R what I am looking for really is the 6/8 rhythm

Thank you @Tim_C much appreciated like I said to @Mike_R what I am looking for really is the 6/8 rhythm. The link is actually the melody in 3/4

1 Like