Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Android Apps

What are yalls favorite banjo apps out there for Android devices?

There is a (I think farily new) app called TimeTrainer for both iOS and Android, which allows you to practice with different modes, for example it can gradually increase the tempo (e.g. set it for x minutes and start at 80 bpm and ending at 100bpm) or it can skip (xx% of) beats so you can check if you keep tempo. I mostly practice behind my computer so don’t use it a lot but actually last week used the increasing tempo feature to learn a few times for an 8 measure part that I kept getting just not right.

(I have an iPad with Guitar Toolkit, and just checked, but it doesn’t seemt to be available for Android. This one also gives chords and scales and has a pretty good tuner as well)

For the rest I am waiting for a BanjoBenApp :laughing:

1 Like

— Begin quote from "jacqy79"

(I have an iPad with Guitar Toolkit, and just checked, but it doesn’t seemt to be available for Android. This one also gives chords and scales and has a pretty good tuner as well)

— End quote

I used to have that app, but then I went Android. It’s one of the biggest things I miss. I e-mailed the makers of that app and begged for an Android version and pretty much got a big fat “No.”.

For the rest I am waiting for a BanjoBenApp :laughing:

— End quote

I’ve wanted this since I started with Ben!

for example it can gradually increase the tempo (e.g. set it for x minutes and start at 80 bpm and ending at 100bpm) or it can skip (xx% of) beats

— End quote

Crossover to the banjo joke thread alert:
Most banjo players I know don’t need help with the above items. They do it just fine all by themselves. :laughing:

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

for example it can gradually increase the tempo (e.g. set it for x minutes and start at 80 bpm and ending at 100bpm) or it can skip (xx% of) beats

— End quote

Most banjo players I know don’t need help with the above items. They do it just fine all by themselves. :laughing:

— End quote

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

— End quote

— End quote

Nailed it! :laughing: