Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

A name for the famous Bluesgrass 4 bar ending

Or… Kick 4… I like that, @DrGuitar1.

It is really a coincidence because nor some inexplicable reason… “Boot” came into my mind when reading your earlier today… But I like Kick more.

1 Like

Out in the Barnyard Knee Deep ???

4 Likes

Lol, no I don’t need to be flagged… or if I do I recall some of your recent posts that need to be as well… :thinking::joy:

2 Likes

What, who… Me, @Dragonslayer ?

Surely you jest.

So… As I recall… are you confusing me with the comments of the incomperable @MissMaggie?

I just referred to a muddy road… As I recall. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, but that muddy road is a slippery slope… :joy::joy:

Well, I don’t have anything to offer on the name of the ending, but since you’ve dragged me into the proverbial gutter and I’m along for the ride now… I’ll add to your earlier side track on language differences.

I lived in Australia for two years some time back. A few months in, I went to what I would call a department store and told a sales lady I was looking for a fanny pack. She gave me a most horrified look and seemed quite offended. I later found out I should have asked for a bum bag. I will not discuss the particulars of why here, but those of you from “English” english speaking countries will probably understand.

4 Likes

:joy::joy: you’re both speaking English, but it’s definitely a different language. Or as some say, you’re separated by a common language

2 Likes

Yeah. Well, there’s English english and there’s American english.

3 Likes

Yes @MissMaggie that’s a topic that comes close to a red flag over here although in the US I do believe it has a different meaning altogether.

4 Likes

@MissMaggie,

Isn’t that Americunnn?

1 Like

You are not helping your case, @MissMaggie.

All this talk of F_nnies and B_ms…

@Archie is going to come after ya…

@Archie, she went thattaway ,:point_left::point_right:

1 Like

Yes, it just means anyone’s (male or female) backside here, or our bum as you would call it. And believe it or not, it’s a girl’s name and used to be quite popular. There are several famous people named Fanny.

2 Likes

Only “fanny” I remember is Fannie Flagg. (not spelled Fanny though).

2 Likes

Fanny Crosby was pretty famous

1 Like

Fanny Brice

More like Amuricuun, I think

1 Like

Exactly Right!

When I was little my super-hip Granny would load all us grandkids (6 of us) in her station wagon, no seatbelts, and drive down the county road at night to jump the bridge. We’d get a huge kick out of it as we were airborne for just a split second. We’d all fly to the roof of the car, experience weightlessness for a moment, then slam back down together as the car sent sparks out in all directions as it bottomed out. Somehow no one got stitches or a concussion and Granny laughed the whole time.

About a quarter mile before the bridge, we knew what to do. We’d all begin singing her song, which was the cue for her to put the medal to the floor:

Hot roddin’ Granny,
Hot roddin’ Granny,
Had her a wreck,
And skint her fanny!

Aww man, good times. That station wagon met its end when she ran over a mattress on the farm to market road. It was fine while she was driving, but the springs heated up on the road and when she pulled up to the store it ignited the mattress stuffing and bye bye wagon.

11 Likes

My dad drove like that in his red '65 mustang on a hilly road on our way to the farm to visit family and I remember getting such a kick out of the whole weightless thing as I sat in the middle of the back seat with no seat belts, on three hilly peaks one right after the other, screaming with joy the whole way. Got some bruises now and then, but that was OK.

But we didn’t have a cool song like that though, I love it. Yeah, those were the days.

3 Likes

From the sounds of it… Nobody was hurt… so I was chuckling about this heartwarming story.

And that song…

The fire part reminded me of Planes, Trains and Automobiles… and Tommy Boy.

My bouncy ride was on a dirt course at my Uncle’s Michigan Army National Guard Base riding in a military vehicle called a Half-Track Gammagoat - as I recall that is what it was called.

Imagine something more like the size of a Hummer but very “bare bones” rather than the size of a Jeep… but with a combination of tracks and wheels.

I and my brothers were bouncing in the back, of course. We spent all day climbing over tanks and eating MREs… which sounds like roughing it… but was a day of wild adventure for 3 pre-teen boys with their dad and uncle.

Oh… and my dad and brothers - shoulder to shoulder - supported a huge 8 foot Boa Constrictor over their shoulders as I (smallest) stuck my hand through the coiled tail for a picture.

For the life of me, I cannot recall why they had that snake there to begin with… or how they sustained feeding it.

Another time, my uncle (Sergeant in Medical Corp) brought over a REAL female specimen skeleton to our house for several days…

On the way over, he proper it up in the passenger seat for the drive over.

I can imagine the looks he got on the drive over from the other drivers.

Man, I miss my Unc John and Dad.

Thanks for bringing these memories back @BanjoBen !

3 Likes