Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

A name for the famous Bluesgrass 4 bar ending

Lot’s of Scottish Redheads too. From the Norse & Celtic ancestry :man_red_haired::man_red_haired:

2 Likes

No, I meant the smart and quick witted part :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh no you didn’t @Dragonslayer.

2 Likes

Sure I did. I’m very serious about my roasts, but it’s all in good humor. (Of course, not everyone sees it that way…)

1 Like

You mean like Merida or @BanjoBen

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Opp’s a spelling mistook. I lifted the name from the internet. Should read Merida. If I knew Portuguese I would have spotted this sooner. Will exit text and delete conversation so as not to offend.

2 Likes

I think it is kind of funny, but maybe that is just me.

I learned to curse in Portuguese… thanks!

2 Likes

@Archie,

Merida! All well and good… and perhaps worthy that I responded so the correction is made.

Honest, my mind doesn’t look for that gutter talk… but fluency in two languages… it just IS synonymous for me… so I was suspecting something was amiss.

No offense as we all cannot know all words in other languages, especially.

2 Likes

Very true, one time my dad was speaking at a house church in south Africa, and talking about people wearing khaki pants, and that pronunciation means something slightly offensive in afrikaans, and everyone started snickering. I also know that a certain SUV has a different name in the Americas, cuz it’s Euro/African name is a bad word in Spanish

2 Likes

Yes… In fact, there is a famous story about the older Ford car… The Pinto.

Needless to say, the connotation and connection to word-meaning is completely different in Brasil. Hence, the rebranding costs were tremendous.

1 Like

Even here in the UK some words have double meanings, acceptable in one district, offensive in another. It’s not until someone objects that we soon learn.

2 Likes

Tru - Dat!

1 Like

Around here, the person who called the tune will make a single kicking motion with their foot when they want the tune to end. Our band even does that when we want a tune to end early or to remind guest players that the tune is ending.

2 Likes

Exactly… but tell me it isn’t just called “The Ending”.

With other colorful names, there should be something better than that!

2 Likes

It’s called code brown. In the most immature way possible… :grin::poop::wink::joy:

I yell out “Finito Mussolini!!!”

Just kidding.

2 Likes

I like it!

1 Like

Do I need to flag you @Dragonslayer?

2 Likes

Since we physically kick when we want a tune to end, maybe you could say “kick it” to end the tune. Or maybe you could call the end “the kick”?

1 Like