Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

2020 Spring Camp Updates

Hang in there, much can change in a short time! Just know that if there’s any possible way for me to have the camp, it’s happening. The only way I will not have it is if I’m forced not to have it.

7 Likes

The only way I’m not coming is the border between NC and TN is closed.

4 Likes

My fear would be your health insurance won’t cover the trip across the border.

3 Likes

Never thought of that. I better check. Thanks.

3 Likes

I am a first time camper due in July 2. I have been playing rhythm in a local bluegrass
band for the past 8 years. My passion is bluegrass rhythm guitar, Del McCoury style to be exact. My question is, should I spend the time to memorize the basic melodies of the camp song list, or concentrate on the rhythm tracks and all of your videos that relate to bluegrass rhythm?
FYI I am a gold pick member and 74 years old, coming from Texas. I honestly can’t wait.
Thanks
JT

10 Likes

Hey John! So I won’t be the only Texan at camp, huh? Cool!

You definitely want to learn the chords to all the songs, but I highly recommend you learn at least a couple of the lead parts. Every night we all get into groups and just jam. Most of that jamming will revolve around the song list we came up with.

See you at camp!

6 Likes

I can’t wait to meet you! We’re gonna have a BALL! The rhythm is perhaps most important, but please get familiar with the basic melodies of the songs. Try humming the melodies and finding those on your guitar, or use the tabs to learn. Thanks!

5 Likes

working on that too! Thanks
JT

4 Likes

Are the camps slots sold out for guitar?

-Stephen

5 Likes

@stephen_cassell we’ve got a guitar spot open in both camps! We’d love to have you!!

6 Likes

I am so upset right now. I was looking forward to the camp but the boarder between Canada and the US is very unlikely to open as Southern Ontario where I am is still in a state of covid emergency. I had to cancel. I want to be at the front of the line for next year. Hope everyone has a great time.

7 Likes

Aw Mike, :frowning_face:

6 Likes

That makes me so sad as a camper from Germany will be able to come.

5 Likes

Today they said border will be closed until the end of July. In Canada they don’t want us to travel between Provinces. We can’t camp in Provincial Parks, gather in groups more than five, unless your protesting.
I now have a year to be excited about attending next years camp.

3 Likes

That is so so very disappointing. I’m very sorry!

5 Likes

Time to start a protest…

6 Likes

May I suggest this, Not Enough Bluegrass Music in the World. Who’s with me?

11 Likes

But how does that warrant a protest?? :confused: Or is that some diversity issue??

2 Likes

It’s a joke :wink:

4 Likes

yeah I knew that… :wink:

4 Likes