Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

2020 Spring Camp Updates

I sent out an email to all registrants for spring 2020 camp with an update and video. It also includes a packing list and a bit about scheduling. Thanks, and I’m getting excited!

10 Likes

Here’s the vid I posted…please bear with the interruptions and my broken Spanish.

19 Likes

18 degrees and you have a hat on? Southerners! :wink::cold_face: I enjoyed the tour.

5 Likes

Hahaha, yeah for sure! I’m gotten softened up for sure. We went to Jackson Hole in January and today is a nice spring day in comparison to there!

7 Likes

Great tour it would have been nice to see the new buildings though, a lot of sky in the background.

2 Likes

You have to pay to see that.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

To be technical, I can’t switch cameras from front to back while recording. Plus, there’s not much to see right now…lots of wires, exposed concrete, and plumbers’ cracks.

6 Likes

Just for future planning, and if it’s not something that gets published, a pm is great. What is the fee for the camp? I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.

2 Likes

Awesome vid. See you soon!

3 Likes

I’m flying in and will have my hands full with a suitcase and guitar. Are there any options for folks who may have trouble bringing in a chair, music stand, and instrument stand?

3 Likes

Thanks Ben. Looks awesome!! Ya know, it’s super awesome that you and the gang take time to do this. I tell ya, the character and the passion of you, as well as the other folks here continue to amaze. So, I’ll just say thanks, and I’ll see you for sure at the 2021 camp!!

5 Likes

Yep, you can ship the items to your hotel. Most all hotels are happy to receive items a day or so before you arrive. If for some reason they do not, we can arrange to ship here. I’d rather ship to your hotel if possible (not an instrument, of course!) because I have so much stuff piled up here. If you have to ship an instrument, you’re fine to ship here unless you trust your hotel.

4 Likes

Well Daniel, that’s just the norm down here at Banjo Ben’s Pickin’ Emporium :slight_smile: You’ll get used to it.

When I first discovered this site, I remember thinking - man, I sure wish I’d found this place years ago.

7 Likes

Thanks for the video about what to expect. I’ve been worried about not being good enough to attend. Just started guitar a year and a bit ago. Love bluegrass and have heard most of the song list. But you can’t improve if you don’t push yourself.

8 Likes

Did this email go out already? If so, I mighta missed it.
Thanks!
Billy Shaw

3 Likes

Wow Ben!! Lots going on. Good to have a deadline for those construction to be done!! I am so excited to see you and everyone again :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Check your spam folder it might be there

2 Likes

So you’re saying that you got an email? That’s what I needed to know. That something went out and I missed it.
I’ll contact Ben’s office on Monday and have the email resent.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Yep, my deadline is when I see Pom walking up my driveway! Can’t wait to see you!

5 Likes