Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Zager ZAD-50CE 2015 Natural - SOLD

Excellent condition and well cared for in a smoke free home.
Full size dreadnought.
Sitka Spruce / Mahogany back and sides produces a bright clear well balanced character. The tonewood is opening up nicely at 5 years.
Fishman Presys transducer, EQ and built in tuner.
Hand carved bracing.
Slim neck along with Zager soft touch fret design feels natural in your hand.
Custom string spacing provides good speed and accuracy particularly if you have smaller hands.
Adjustable truss rod.
Hand carved bone nut and saddle.
Hand laid abalone inlay rosette.
Nice edge binding detail with zipper stripe up the back.
Grover enclosed tuners.

This guitar sold for $895.00 in 2015. Today they are priced at $1,295 and the dreadnought is no longer available in a natural finish.

This is an excellent guitar for a beginner and an experienced player will appreciate the great tone and projection. I am selling to “thin the herd” and make room for the Blueridge BR-160A that I purchased here.

$675.00 plus $75.00 shipping. Full set of pictures available.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m familiar with these Zager’s. He works with the action to make them easy to play as possible.

Remember the group Zager and Evans? “In the Year 2525”?

Denny is or was the guy that works on these. It may be his son now though.

Hi Treblemaker

Yes, that is the story on Denny Zager as I understand it too. He puts his “signature” on everything but it seems to me that his son primarily runs the day to day operations. This is the first one that I have owned. I bought it on Reverb 3 years ago and have really enjoyed.

Having owned and played various Taylor acoustics I was impressed. I just purchased a Blueridge BR-160A from BBC to go back to the full dreadnought and the Adirondack / Rosewood combination sound. I love guitars but have learned over the years that I always gravitate towards one and having several just means that something is going to spend time sitting in a case.

Thanks for saying hello!

Sam

1 Like

I hear ya Sam. I have more instruments than I care to mention that pretty much sit in cases.