Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Your favorite video on YouTube!

Thought this would be a fun new topic! What’s probably your favorite/most watched video on YouTube?

My answer has to be twofold because honestly it’s this: :slight_smile: This is my concentration soundtrack! Probably play it for hours every day as I’m writing…

But music related, it took me a while to decide but I’d have to settle for this one! There’s so much to like about it: world’s best guitar player, shiny Sinker D-18, snazzy tour bus, smoking licks, rock-solid groove, and just funny! One of those videos that you can watch for the 100th time and it still blows your mind. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Wow, I’d have to think about that one!

Quite possibly my favorite Workman solos in that vid… hits the spot so hard.

First time I saw this performance I couldn’t stop watching and this arrangement is still one of the best pieces of guitar mastery I’ve seen:

I’d have to come back to this thread and post about 10 others.

6 Likes

That’s incredible! He was at Randy Wood Guitars 7 minutes from our house on March 24th. I made the poster for the show (I make all their posters). I don’t know what I was doing that night, we were probably just at home, but just realizing now what a show I must have missed!

2 Likes

This is my go to video. The song takes me back to my childhood, cinema visits and cowboy movies. Stevie has such gritty vocals, amazing pitch and sings this song so well.

5 Likes

Have you done this (Sledd Ride) in the Headin’ Home tour bus yet?

I come back to this video a few times a year.

4 Likes

I have to add on the caveat of “currently” since my favorite video on youtube is subject to change on a regular basis. This is one I’m watching a lot now. So much talent and so many smiles playing with each other.

9 Likes

I heard Steam Powered Aeroplane a couple weeks ago for the first time. So this has been my favorite for the past couple of weeks. Just love those minor chords in this. Like @Stuart.Gamble said, I’ll have another fav next week. OH, and great topic @Flatpickin_Libby.

7 Likes

OK, there is no answer to this question, since I’m as much a fan of cheesy B monster movies (love The Asylum films!!) on YouTube as I am of certain genres of music videos.
But if there is one music video that I will go to over & over again, it’s this one. It’s part of a longer performance, rather than a stand-alone video, but if you use this site you can jump right to individual songs. https://otddi.com/krugerlist/

This particular song really opened my eyes to what the banjo can do. Yes, I love bluegrass, but IMHO it can get pretty boring pretty fast. The first time I heard this song, I was stunned by what Jens did with his solo. He incorporated so many techniques, I was simply blown away. During my radio career, I must have played the original 10,000 times and became numb to it. Jens breathe new life into it and opened my mind to the power & elegance of the banjo. No doubt about it, this is the video/song I go to more than any other. This link takes you right to the song so you don’t have to watch the whole episode.

4 Likes

@Stuart.Gamble That video is sooo good! My Bluegrass Heart is still probably the most incredible music I ever saw live!

@Scot - No. Because @Timothy_L’s the only one who could play the banjo AND the guitar like that, and he can’t play both parts…

4 Likes

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve watched this one…

I suppose it says something about you if your favorite video clip is from Hee Haw. (One thing it says is that you are old.)

5 Likes

Hi Libby

I should also add these, there are probably a ton of others I visit when the mood takes me.

2 Likes

Not much for a video, but it’s a GREAT song to listen to!!!

2 Likes

Hard to beat the King of Country.

3 Likes

@Flatpickin_Libby this is Pure Gold

2 Likes

I’ve watch the “Just Closer Walk with Thee” video a few times myself. Thanks for reminding me of that one @Archie

2 Likes

I have many favorites, but most are not music related like this one where a fellow does amazing things with pvc tubes and zip ties

But if we are going with favorite music content, this is definitely one that is filled with pure joy,

and anything with Django playing live,

imagine if Django had use of all his fingers, he might have sounded like this,

of course you can never go wrong with this nut. He is the only guitarist I have seen in my life that I have been able to listen to him play a full concert and not have looked at my watch even once.

Enjoy

5 Likes

No shame

11 Likes

Me and my sisters are working up a grass version of this. I can’t sing very well, but turns out I can do a killer impersonation of this guy.

5 Likes

With a little practice, he should be able to play both parts… :smile:

1 Like

One of my favorite music videos of all time right here

3 Likes