Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

You Don't Know My Mind: Help!

Have any of you guys tried that “when you go walking” tab? That one is a blast too! It is easy to learn and easy to get up to speed, although I still have some timing issues I need to work out. Anyway, as I mentioned, I get nervous when I hit record so I got mad and reeled off about three of 'em in a row :smiley:. Still not that clean.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGJq-fD34g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Seems loosly based off what Kenny Smith does (probably plays it a little diferent every time). Love what he does with the rhythm during the banjo break! Figured you might like this one Jesse, he walks all over that banjo solo, Haha! It can’t hardly stand that PW Martin.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-Pvez_0JA[/video]

Your pickin’ keeps getting better Shawn. Are you playing with other folks or just closet picking?

Thanks Larry. Still just closet pickin’. That’s why I keep bothering you guys whenever I come across something I like. :smiley:

Wanted to go to Galax this year and maybe do some pickin’, but that’s not happening.

Shawn are you going to the Cumberland River Bluegrass Festival?

You are roughly 3 hours from me man, if you ever get out and go to any festivals such as this one that is “in between” us then let me know and we will hook up! I’ve also got some friends who own a summer home at Lake Norris and I use it from time to time (Momma and I are thinking about buying a cabin there also)…next I am ever over there I will let you know.

I am thinking about heading to the Cumberland River Bluegrass Festival and maybe another one also up around Lake Cumberland. I’ve got a couple of friends that are going to pull their campers and stay for a few days, I probably won’t stay but will get up there early one morning and pick all day then head back late at night. You’d always be welcome to come hang with us.

Jesse

Man, I would love to get together and do some pickin’ and start going to some festivals. Unfortunately, I have some pretty serious family issues going on right now.

My Grandfather had a bad stroke in November of last year and passed in December, about a week after I last saw/picked with him. Pretty grateful to Ben for teaching me some Bluegrass to be able to play with him for the last year and a half before he passed. I will always remember that! Hardest thing I’ve ever done is watch one of his close friends play “Life’s Railway To Heaven” on his banjo at his funeral. My Grandmother is also in bad health (Alzheimer’s) and family members have been traveling back forth, out of state, to take care of her.

I have no idea what my schedule is going to be like and it’s kinda hard to plan anything right now. But! I will take you up on that offer one day, soon! Even if just to watch how the pros do it! :smiley:

Love Norris Lake! I have a boat I haven’t been out on in two years. It would be a great place to have a little getaway.

Heck, I want to go, too! Wish you guys weren’t so far away.

Sounds like you’re a good grandson, Shawn. Hang in there; things are bound to get better eventually.

Will keep you posted in my “doings” and “goings on” so maybe we could catch a bluegrass festival together at some point!

Larry you re only about 7 hour away man!

What we all should do is look at any going ons around Asheville NC and get a few of us to meet up at a festival and hang out in Asheville for a couple of days in the fall! Of course the brides would be invited, they could go shopping while we play some tunes.

Oldhat

— Begin quote from ____

What we all should do is look at any going ons around Asheville NC and get a few of us to meet up at a festival and hang out in Asheville for a couple of days in the fall! Of course the brides would be invited, they could go shopping while we play some tunes.

— End quote

That’s a pretty good idea if we could get the logistics worked out. I did a quick internet search last night, but couldn’t find a festival that met our needs exactly. It would be cool if we could find one where the Purple Hulls are performing, but it looks like they’re spending all their time in Texas right now.

There’s Merlefest in the spring, of course, and Deb and I already have tickets for http://www.magnoliafest.com/ in October (but that leaves you driving 6-1/2 hours and me only 1/2 hour… not too fair). Would be nice to split the distance and find something in the Macon, GA, area. Let’s keep a look out for a good spot; maybe something will turn up.

Sounds good to me if we can decide on a place.

There seems to be a ton of festivals around here. Always something in Pigeon Forge, Sally Gap just over the line in Kentucky and I think they have some big pickin’ camp/workshop in Maryville (Kaufman maybe?). I really need to get out there and start going to some of these.

— Begin quote from "TNTaylor414"

Have any of you guys tried that “when you go walking” tab?

— End quote

I am sure it was previously posted, but I missed it. Where is the tab?

Sorry about that Mike. It was kinda hidden between the videos in the first post.

freewebs.com/guitarmantabs/

Thanks!