Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Worried Man Blues on Banjo!

Ok, here’s the first video on my new banjo, Worried Man Blues. Last night we played this at the jam and I tried to make it as bluesy as possible.

8 Likes

Nice picking! Banjo sounds a lot better than the other one!

1 Like

Good Job Harrison, Time to add the chorus and a few more verses. This is a great tune to hone your playing skills, Slides, Hammers Pull Offs and Roll Patterns. Seek out and study other arrangements you should be able to find lots of variations on YouTube

4 Likes

I was just playing it again today and found another blue lick I wanted to add. :pensive:

2 Likes

Alright! Nice picking. The cool thing about this song is that you now also know how to play Do Lord. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great job, buddy! Sounding good!

2 Likes

I didn’t realize this until around February this year when I was jamming with the one other banjo player in Beaumont, and he started playing do lord, and I was like “hey! I can play a break to this song!”

3 Likes

Also’ I saw the light, this little light of mine, two dollar bill, lonesome road blues and many others that follow a similar chord progression.

3 Likes

Nice job, and nice new banjo!

3 Likes

Yeah… I think there was some comment in the Ken Burns Country Music documentary that said many times were “converted” over with Christian words…

Reverend Rowland Hill, pastor of Surrey Chapel in London, preached in 1844:. "The devil should not have all the best tunes ."

4 Likes