Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Wish I'd have known this

Man… sure wish I’d known this before buying the Eastman E20D-TC on Friday morning.

According to this thread Gold pick menber store discounts GP members get discounts and the “royal treatment” on big ticket items. Maybe that wasn’t big-ticket enough? Or I haven’t been a GP member long enough? (admittedly I didn’t call cause I didn’t know to… but I did mention to Adam that I was a gold-pick member in the follow up email I sent with questions)

@AdamAsh @BanjoBen

I guess it’s too late now… but sure am looking forward to this thing shipping out.

Tom

Ben would be best to answer here, but my thoughts are this… I do not think lateness or number of years as GP would be an issue. If Ben offered discount to other GPs, he would provide it to you too. That said, with the case it seems there is a 18% discount offered on the site, so you should get a free case (sounds like an expensive case! ;-)).

I appreciate that. The guitar comes with a case already though. And the price on the website is the same as everywhere else that sells this guitar. The 18% is the MSRP savings.

Maybe Ben or someone will chime in. It really doesn’t matter… just wish I’d have known or someone there would have told me when I placed the order (or at least on my email follow up.)

1 Like

Send @BanjoBen a PM or Email

1 Like

One time when I almost bought a guitar from them I think they offered me 10% off, but I don’t think that’s a blanket rule. They’ll probably give you something but it’s your job to contact them, not theirs to contact you - since these are private and one-time discounts, not across the board guarantees. Next time get in touch with them first. They might still be able to help you, I don’t know; try emailing the general store. Enjoy your guitar!!

5 Likes

Thanks, I guess… I said in my original post that I admittedly didn’t ‘contact them’ because I wasn’t aware it was an option. Not laying blame on anyone else.

They were nice enough once they responded to my emails and calls. Unfortunately, no discount to be had due to supply chain issues. No biggie. The order was cancelled and I bought a really nice guitar strap from them instead.

Like I said, no blame on anyone… (I do wish I’d known ahead of time and I do wish a little discount were available as I’d have bought the guitar). It’s all good.

Tommy

As I Lifetime Gold Pick Member I am not really sure how GPM’s qualify for discount’s I know that when you make your first purchase you’ll get 10% off I know that @BanjoBen has regular discount day’s where he gives out a Discount Code such as Black Friday Weekend but I wasn’t aware that Ben gave out automatic discounts to Gold Pick Members. As an overseas student I don’t make many purchases from the General Store simply because by the time you add shipping, import duty, value add tax and handling charges any discount received is swallowed up quickly. But I do believe that Stateside the discounts that Ben gives out are really great.

Maybe @BanjoBen @Jake or @AdamAsh will come out and explain what Gold Pick Members have to do to qualify for a discount from the General Store

You guy’s over the pond know more about making a purchase from the General Store than I do. Do you call up ahead of placing your order and give out a coded message like Banjo Ben is Haaawt , Jake Stogdill is a Wizard on a YoYo or Shhh! Adam Ash maintains a Secret Still

1 Like

No you are right @Archie, in my thread i thought it was Cleared that THERE IS NO ACROSS THE BOARD DISCOUNT FOR GOLDPICK MEMBERS. If you are making a big order they might make an exception and give you a discount but as far as i know there is no automatic discount.

1 Like

I guess @TommyNole didn’t see your post, to be honest I didn’t either @Shaky_loves_banjo

1 Like

Haha i just thought he would have seen it since he linked it when he started this topic.

2 Likes

I guess I am going blind :dark_sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, Mark said there was no across the board discount… I understood and understand that… However, immediately after that, he said (if he wasn’t mistaken)

it’s just one of those things where if you buy a big ticket item, you call and let them know you’re a gold pick member and they give you the royal treatment.

We are beating this to death… it really is resolved. After speaking with the folks at the store (Adam actually) it was clear to me that discounts were to be had but they weren’t offering any currently because of supply chain issues. To me, that was completely understandable.

Lets move on.

Tommy

2 Likes

:+1:

Hi Tommy, I hear you, but it’s good that this topic is aired not just for your benefit but for all Gold Pick Members and more importantly for new members. If there are benefits to be had then folks need to be made aware of them, if not then better that folks know these things and so no one is disappointed after the fact. I know that @BanjoBen always has the best interests of his students at the forefront of his thoughts whether a new member or an old die hard like me.

oldbanjoe50

2 Likes

Things that make you go Hmmm…. Finding a trombone bore brush for sale in a Bluegrass General Store! Always nice to know that if I transition from mandolin to trombone, I don’t have to change websites.

3 Likes

Actually that bore brush was just the thing I needed to clean out the condensate line of my AC. I wish I knew they had that, as I ordered something similar from amazon :slight_smile:

1 Like