Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Windows Version of Garageband Alternatives

Garageband does not support the Windows OS platform. There is good news. Yes, you do have better
Garageband alternatives for Windows. here is the Latest Alternatives of Garageband for Windows PC. Multi track recording software. I found this link that has some recommendations for PC based studio software. Looks like a couple of them even have free versions.

Windows Version of Garageband Alternatives

I don’t have first hand experience with any of them, but if you can get a decent free version, might be worth checking out.

1 Like

I’ve used both in the past so here is my personal view.
CUBASE. Very expensive but very good recording software. We are talking full time music makers here. Can be fidley to set up if you have limited experience of recording software, but will give you professional results with the amount of tools you get. However, like anything else, you have to know how to use those tools correctly.

MIXCRAFT 7. Basic and simple recording software with minimal addons. Some things need to be downloaded separate. If your not experienced with recording software then this will be much simpler not to mention cheaper to use.
Not used the other programs listed so cannot comment on those.

Note CUBASE is VERY expensive, not sure if it’s still the same but in the past it needed a dongle for it to function. A dongle for those who don’t know is like a USB stick that you buy from the software company to unlock the software.
MIXCRAFT Does not use a dongle

Here is a free open platform basic recording software that gets talked about a lot. Good for anyone just wanting to get into recording.
https://www.audacityteam.org

1 Like

For those of us “hand to mouth-ers” using Chromebooks or Chrome boxes, free software is out there that are GarageBand alternatives. (I’m not a user, but I am a fan of my Chromebook. The next desktop I buy will be a Chromebox.)

First of all, I’m always surprised when people search for the windows version of Garageband. There is no such version available anywhere and no tricks gonna work. I have seen several sites claim for windows version so forget this. I was also one of them but finally got over it and can tell you reality. But, I’m personally using the Mixcraft that is really awesome but don’t try to compare it with Garageband. I found a similar post that contains alternatives to Garageband and you also can try it.

1 Like

I’d just get reaper.

1 Like