Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Wildwood flower two diffrent keys practice

Will you send a little greeting again from switzerland with wildwood flower…
Hope you enjoy, and y’all are well in that time!

14 Likes

Sounding great @Severin2ThumbsUp

1 Like

Very nice!

2 Likes

Nice! I loved the key change!
But did my tapping foot detect a slight increase in your timing, or is my foot broken?
(I only say this because I’m jealous.)

3 Likes

your foot is working properly … i have a timing problem at the end of the tune. somehow the song is slippery towards the end and it automatically speeds up, but I’m working on it☺ thanks y’all

3 Likes

I heard in an interview that Bela Fleck has the same problem, so you’re in good company!

2 Likes

oh I’m reassured! :blush:

1 Like

You only have a timing problem if your trying to keep pace with a metronome or backing track. Since you had no accompaniment I’d say you were spot on with your improvisation. You wanted it to speed up in the key of G Right ? @Severin hat_wave

3 Likes

Very nice work, Severin. It sounds great!

2 Likes

Nice job @Severin, I agree with @Archie, you obviously intended that change in tempo at the key change in order to continue building excitement and energy. That’s my story, and I’m stickin’ to it.

2 Likes

@Archie & @xmark: you are of course right, you can also see it that way :slight_smile: I often find it more difficult without accompaniment. but unfortunately I have no company. and as you noticed, no metronome :slight_smile: but that way I know what to practice on, and that’s great!

2 Likes

Thank you @blkelk31051!

1 Like