Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Who`s Going To Galax Fiddlers?

Pulling the ole RV to galax virginia. Anyone here going?
http://oldfiddlersconvention.com/

3 Likes

Man, I wish!!! Have fun! Tell the guys at Northfield I said hello.

3 Likes

Dang, I’m gonna be in NY that week. I live about an hour away. May be up there tomorrow for “Smoke on the Mountain” event.

Beautiful little town!

2 Likes

I went there a couple years ago (just to watch). It’s quite an event!

Danny, while you’re there, check out Doug Smith in the Dobro competition. He’s a friend of mine and usually places third or fourth each year.

Hope you have a great time!

J.W.

2 Likes

Fellow King, NC resident Ralph McGee and his family are some others to watch for. Him and his kids place top three or four most every year in various instruments.

2 Likes

Will Do

1 Like

Found this old thread… and just found out Galax is happening for 2021!! This will be our first time going. Anybody else?

11 Likes

@Flatpickin_Libby I plan to be there for the guitar competition on Thursday afternoon. I have a buddy who is entering. I’m not sure about the other days.

7 Likes

Fun! I’m competing in guitar too.

7 Likes

I’ll be there! Not competing tho, just learning to play mandolin but its 30 mins from the house so ill be there to listening to the bluegrass bands.

6 Likes

So we’re only 2 weeks away from Galax! Who’s going?

7 Likes

Be sure to share some videos Libby. I just love listening to you play.

8 Likes

Yes @Archie i second that. @Flatpickin_Libby is one of my biggest inspirations for flatpicking guitar on this website.

6 Likes

Thanks guys! I appreciate that! You all inspire me too!

7 Likes

We really appreciate you Libby.

7 Likes

My plans just changed, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be there!!
My number is (409) five hundred - 1056, shoot me a call or message so we can find each other once we get there!

8 Likes

That should be fun! See you there.

6 Likes

Drizzling rain in Galax. Guitar contest starts at 6pm.

5 Likes