Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Where y'all keep ya picks?

Just out of interest, was wondering what you keep your banjo/guitar/mando picks in?
Are there any weird and wonderful tins/boxes etc that you use.
I keep my banjo picks that I’m using in this little velvet bag that my 5th string capo came with. The rest of my picks I keep in a faded OXO tin that belonged to my uncle who past away many years back. :wink:

3 Likes

I keep my picks on a keyboard drawer next to my computer, When I pop out to a jam I put them in a plastic 35mm Kodak film container and pop them into a string bag like the one in the piccy along with my capo and tuner.

2 Likes

I just toss mine in the case and keep one in the strings of the instrument. If out playing, I’ll have one or two in my pocket…

5 Likes

Another vote for “in the strings”… But my Banjer picks are on my Digital keyboard music stand.

2 Likes

Guess I should qualify my previous post as being for flat picks…I always kept my banjo picks in the little case my blue chip thumb pick came in.

3 Likes

I do have one of those nifty Flatpick keychain leather holders…

Picks are always with my keys

2 Likes

I used to keep my banjo picks in my strings by the bridge, now I keep them in the box that came with my Sammy Shelor finger picks

2 Likes

One thing’s for sure…don’t keep expensive banjo picks loose in your front pocket! You’re playing with fire!

6 Likes

Good Advice… For sure!

2 Likes

I keep mine anywhere there’s a flat surface… coffee table, end tables, kitchen table, countertop, desktop, bookshelves, couch cushion, arm of a chair, top of an amp, workbench, truck dashboard… just ask my wife! She even found one on her vanity once (not sure how that happened).

But… NEVER in my case or in my pockets or even on the instrument through the strings. When I go to Sweetwater, I always have to borrow picks!

Yet somehow, I’ve never lost a Bluechip and I only have one!

4 Likes

Back in my rock days, I used to keep mine in the dryer. Whenever I needed some, I’d go take a few from the ones that had collected there.

Now I do as Dave does. I keep one in the strings of each instrument. I have a couple boxes in various spots for visiting pickers and such.

5 Likes

I was heavily into “dryer storage” in my youth…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I keep my picks on my fingers :wink: hehe!

2 Likes

My dad does that waaay to much. (not with his picks, but his gum, phone, ect.)

2 Likes

The truly Sofistuhkated will immediately recognize this as a Plano Pocket Tackle box. I think I paid six dollars for it.

6 Likes

I see that awesome collection of ball ends!

2 Likes