Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Where is everyone staying for the July 9th camp?

I’ve had a lot going on and I haven’t made reservations yet for the camp (July 9) yet, and I was wondering if any of you can suggest good places. Are there any where you don’t have to go through a call center in India? The last time I booked through one of those, and when the camp got canceled, I couldn’t get in touch with anyone; not to mention that they tried to scam me.

Any help appreciated.

Steve

7 Likes

Gunnar and I are staying at the Comfort suites at 600 Red Ink Drive
Mt. Juliet TN, 37122. Got a really good deal with free cancellation option and it’s close to Ben’s house.

Looking forward to seeing you, Steve!

10 Likes

I have stayed in Smyrna, TN on business trips. For any firmed-up-date trips, I would book through priceline.com close to the trip dates and look for express deal, which based on my history would provide close to half-price deals. I choose 2.5 or 3 star hotels, and select the area and let it choose the hotels and they would be really good. There is also non-express deal prices on the site so by comparing it with the express deal discount% deducted amount, you will be able to roughly identify the hotel you will be booked under the express deal.

Just to be fair… I don’t deny India scammers but usually they do it in small scale while American scammers do it always at a lot bigger scale! Also programs equivalent of operation mockingbird and other things are used to systemically suppress such things coming to light.

4 Likes

There will be a surcharge though which will be like 5-8%.

P.S: Probably it is better off booking at the hotel website, as the prices right now are comparable and no surcharge for booking there.

5 Likes

I am staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Mt. Juliet. I am excited to go!

7 Likes

Oh, a quick rental car tip I learned last year. If you start your booking on a Wednesday, it’s considered a work week and the price is way higher than if you start the booking on a Thursday. They consider Thursday the start of the weekend and rates are much cheaper.

Last year, it cost me $2 more to rent from Thursday morning until Sunday afternoon than it did from Wednesday morning to Thursday morning. Looks like this year isn’t quite as bad, but there are still savings to be had by making 2 bookings.

8 Likes

True… Also Hertz prices are generally high, their fleet is great, but then when you use corporate codes, it is usually lower than their competitors, and you get free upgrades too. Btw, some of these hotels have airport shuttles too.

4 Likes

I am staying at the KOA campground in Lebanon. I had my eye on the Courtyard Marriott but my wife wants to come along and bring the travel trailer.

Looking forward to meeting y’all

Stephen

6 Likes

I’m staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Mt. Juliet, which according to Google maps, is only 10 minutes from Ben’s home. Looking forward to meeting you all…

4 Likes

I’m staying at the Comfort Suites on Red Ink Dr. I’m attending camp on the 4th.

4 Likes

We’ll be staying at the KOA campground in Lebanon.
@stephen_cassell - what camp are u going to? We r there for 4th of July camp…
Looking fwd to meeting everyone as well :grin:

4 Likes

@Simone I’m at the Jul 9-11 camp. We’re planning to arrive at the KOA on Wed 7/8

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a great Fathers Day. God willing my wife and I will be at the July 9th camp staying at the Staybridge Suites Mt. Juliet - Nashville. We had IHG reward points to use up. Looking forward to everyone’s great bluegrass picking. :musical_note:

5 Likes

My daughter and I are attending the July 9 camp. My wife will join us for dinner and evening events. It looks like there are some nice places close to Mt. Juliet for her to walk, bike, shop, etc during the day. We are staying in downtown Nashville on Wednesday night. Hopefully Carter’s will be open so we can visit there. We are staying at Holiday Inn Express in Mt. Juliet for the camp. That way I can say “I’m not really a mandolin player but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night”.

8 Likes

We’re staying at the Hampton Inn, Mt Juliet. Attending the July 2-4 camp. New to the site, late signing up for the camp, but decided to jump in the deep end anyway…

9 Likes

Woohoo, can’t wait to meet you!

4 Likes

My wife and I will be at the Home2 Suites In Mt Juliet (just up the road from Ben’s I believe) for the 2-4 July camp. They allow pets, so our dog is joining us as well. They’ve both suffered through a couple years of my practice, so they both deserve to share in the fun trip. :grinning:

5 Likes

My wife and son (10 yrs old) will be coming along with me this year, and we’ll be at the Holiday Inn Express in Mt. Juliet. I’ll be at the first camp. Their pool is open and so is the nearby Chuck E. Cheese…so that’ll make my son happy!

5 Likes

I’ll be staying at home with a tear in my eye wishing I was there-haha.

5 Likes

Ill be at the Holiday Inn in Mt. Juliet.

3 Likes