Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Where has this tune been all my life?

How can I just now be discovering Chinquapin Hunting? What a great tune! I may try to create a mando lesson for it this week, maybe do a whole series. Y’all check it out here recorded by my friend Nate:

10 Likes

Great tune! I sat next to Nate at a jam once. What a nice guy and fantastic picker!

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure where to ask this question so I figured this was a good a place as anywhere, I have been interested in learning mandolin, but have no access to one and didn’t want to spend money on a cheapo that would be hard to learn on but am not sure enough that I will like it enough to buy an expensive one, any advice?

2 Likes

That’s a great tune, I’ve never heard it before either

2 Likes
7 Likes

I recommend the Kentucky KM150, it’s a really good instrument at a decent price. I have one and it’s awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll check it out

2 Likes

Never heard it but I really like it !:+1:

2 Likes

If you’re a Gold Pick member, and you are, then you need to call my store and let us take care of you. 1-833-226-5623

4 Likes

Thanks I will

3 Likes

This is a fantastic album @Fiddle_wood

3 Likes

Hillbilly I just bought a KM 150 from the general store about 3 weeks ago. It’s a great little Mando and well regarded as a great value

6 Likes

Thanks I’ve been checking it out

3 Likes

So timely, I’ve seen the name of the tune for years but never followed up on learning it. Then, in December at a jam, someone introduced it. I just learned the tune last week on Mando and I love it!
I hope you can make this a lesson, Ben, it’s one of those tunes that should be a standard!

3 Likes