Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

When the Last of Our Days Shall Come - Jam

Well… I DON’T play bass but… I think I’m giving Timothy the guitar for good :fire::fire::fire:

17 Likes

Great playing!

Did you know that Tony Rice had a secret talent for the upright bass? Sam Bush wrote in Still Inside, “the guy knows his way around on the doghouse”!
Congratulations, you are one step closer to being Tony Rice!

No but seriously, bassists are very underappreciated. I’ve tried a couple times and it was super hard. Especially once your finger blisters :grimacing:

6 Likes

Thanks, haha! It’s my dad’s bass and I’m trying to learn a little bit, just to be a “jam bassist” if needed. My fingers can’t stand it very long so far though. I’ve never read Still Inside. Do you own the book?

3 Likes

I do, yeah! I really enjoyed it and recommend it, despite rough language. It really gives you a look into the mind of Tony and a bunch of the other goats.

2 Likes

I know what you mean - I very highly recommend Ricky Skaggs’ biography - great book! - but I did use a black marker on some expressions while reading. (Closest thing I can get to Jake you know) I’ve been wanting to read Tony’s.

4 Likes

Beware, it may convert you from a JW to a Riceist.

2 Likes

No book can change what my ears can hear. :unamused: Anyway I think Timothy’s got me far beat on the guitar now so I’d better go study with him.

5 Likes

Awesome job all of you! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

He might cut you a family deal, like a discounted rate of $45.

4 Likes

No I wouldn’t. Plus I couldn’t teach someone better than me like you or Libby

3 Likes

Maybe you should take lessons from Jake on how to give lessons. :joy:

4 Likes

Guys keep it civil.
We all know that Kenny Smith and Ron Block are the two best anyway.

Bass is fun, I wish I could play it more often cuz my left hand cramps really quickly

2 Likes

Love you Guy’s

4 Likes