Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

When String Snapping Goes Wrong

Yeah, I took the trick from an apprentice of the master. But then it backfired.

5 Likes

Yeahhhh… I’m pretty cheap. I stretch them out as long as I can :joy:

So you don’t even have spares? Have you fixed the string?

1 Like

Nope. I gotta get some.

D’Addario Guitar Strings - Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings - EJ17-3D - Superb, Long Lasting Tone, Comfortable Playability - For 6 String Guitars - 13-56 Medium, 3-Pack https://a.co/7YTclHH

Put it on Subscribe & Save, set it for every quarter year, and you can change your strings once a month. I know it’s something that’s tough to budget for at first but then you realize it’s a necessity. It used to really feel tough for me to spend money on strings. Then I got to the point where I realized it’s an investment and a pretty crucial part of enjoying my guitar.

4 Likes

Yeah, true. I do need to have some spares on hand, I saw that Russ Carson has like 30 sets in his case… :joy:

4 Likes

I buy the 25-packs and I’m currently out. I’ve been putting it off for a month because it just hurts to click “buy.” But then I don’t have to think about it for a good half year or more. I’ll probably do it today. :persevere:

3 Likes

Oh wow. That’s definitely a good idea, I may start making sure I have several sets of spares for each instrument. I don’t have any strings for anything right now😂

1 Like

I do also keep usually 5-6 single sets of spares in my case and that’s what I’ve been using for the past month. I normally try to save them for when we’re on the road or when I break a string.

3 Likes

I’ve played at contra dances before with no extra strings on hand, just realized that probably isn’t the best idea. :joy:

2 Likes

Not only do you need a lot of spare strings on hand, you gotta master the art of re-stringing on stage, while singing lead, after passing the solo to the fiddle player.

2 Likes

How many spare strings do you currently have on hand @Michael_Mark?

1 Like

Are you trying to take business away from the Banjo Ben General Store??!
WE HAVE A TRAITOR IN OUR MIDST

3 Likes

Um… a lot :joy:

1 Like

:joy: I’ve found that Banjo Ben has much better deals on most strings than Amazon.

1 Like

No, we don’t need to see the Bluegrass Album band video, we’ve all seen a hundred times… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sorry! I wasn’t thinking. Try this link - https://store.banjobenclark.com/products/daddario-ej17-phosphor-bronze-guitar-strings-medium-13-56

Sold out though, and no 25 packs. :confused:

2 Likes

Actually I was thinking of Brandon Rickman of LRB doing it. But Tony did similarly too, seems like he’d usually step off stage though.

3 Likes

Well, guess I’m gonna stock up on strings, not sure why I haven’t before now. I mostly play banjo, mandolin, and guitar, and I can get three sets of each for about $55. Strings usually stay pretty comfortable to me for 2-3 months so $55 twice a year really isn’t that bad. Plus I can buy them from the general store and get free shipping since it’s over $49 :joy:

4 Likes

If you can get that much life out of a set of strings kudos to you!:joy:
I have to change mine every 2 weeks and it’s hard not to change them every week

Thankfully(ish) I’m not changing strings 3 instruments at a time though! That would be rough on the billfold haha

5 Likes